3,944 results
All reviews chelsea market meatpacking district bodega negra electric room dream team rooftop club the meat packing district new york trendy hotel fun hotel the high line night life lobby bar guest services amazing hotel view of the empire state building king room
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Took a bite of the big apple yet again and stayed at the Dream Down Town. This might be my 6th or 7th time staying at the Dream while visiting New York. The staff is lovely and really welcoming. You can’t go wrong. The facilities are simply exceptional, from the spacious rooms, beach pool, dining experience and of course the PHD for all the nightlife lovers. I would like to extend a special shout out to Guest Services Manager Mallory. She made absolutely sure we had an amazing experience at the hotel and our check in was accompanied with a bottle of wine. The whole staff makes you feel welcome and works to make your experience happy and memorable. The atmosphere is vibrant, the pool is entertaining and the location is hard to beat. I will return.

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Fizz G
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has it all: in the center of action, hands down best pool in the city, great service, and a vibrant vibe. We stayed here our first night and it set the tone of fun for the week. The next night they were booked so we had to move elsewhere, booked at the Dream immediately the following day. Book early, popular. Will definitely return!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I frequent dream DT and recently had the pleasure of meeting Tenzin at the front desk. I usually arrive after his shift but I wanted to specifically thank him for taking care of me and my friend. Dream DT is my top choice bc of location vibe etc, we noticed some new faces but the customer service we experienced with Tenzin was like a breath of fresh air. Especially during pool season its so busy and he made our stay as comfortable as possible. Thank u for continuing to keep this on our top 5 in nyc!!! :) PS. the view from PHD is SO underrated. absolutely stunning.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Despite of being fully booked, Daniel and Dinesha went to the extra mile helping me switch to a extra quite room. Expect the best customer service from front desk staff to Manager and also from room service staff. Daniel called the morning after our switch to ask if I was happy with the new room. Room service called to see if I need extra towels.last time stayed uptown Omni hotel, room is double the size at dream downtown compared to Omni and service much better. Much more restaurants, right across from Chelsea market. Vibe of hotel is lively catered for younger people. Will definitely stay again! 交通方便又安静,住的舒适宽敞,吃饭方便,前台人很热心。经理Daniel帮我换安静的房间超级热心。强烈推荐!

Room Tip: Room facing courtyard or pool is quite after 11. No construction noice in am.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

PROS:
- the water pressure in the shower was so good it was hard to take a quick shower
- The meat and cheese plate is excellent and large
- The location
- The Frosé up at the pool is a refreshing treat to enjoy while people watching at the pool
- Guys at the door to hotel were helpful and nice
- If you like circles, this is the place for you!

CON:

- OUR DOOR WAS NOT SHUT AND LOCKED AFTER TURN DOWN. We returned from being out all afternoon to find that our door was ajar and unlocked for who knows how long. No one seemed to be too upset about it at the front desk, no offers for a rate reduction. Cancellation policy made changing hotels not an option.
- Paper thin walls. You will hear EVERYTHING, music from the club included. We were on the fourth floor.
- The beds and pillows are terrible. A dorm room bed is more comfortable. The pillows should not be referred to as such, even folded in half they served no purpose other than to remind you that the pillows absolutely sucked. The beds are made in a way that you feel like you’ve been short sheeted.
- Speaking of dorm rooms, you will feel as though you’ve been transported back to college when you hear the drunken squeals of drunk people galavanting about the hall ways.
- The rooms feel ridden hard and put away wet. We had some mysterious stains on the bathroom wall that never seemed to warrant a clean up from Housekeeping.
- DID I MENTION THAT OUR ROOM DOOR WAS LEFT OPEN?
- Have fun figuring out how to get your lights off.
- Your trash will never get emptied.
- Service-wise, people were nice enough but running on island time.

There are so many places to stay in New York. If you are looking for a nice place to actually get the kind of service that the rate should be calling for, keep looking. If you’re looking for a place for a bachelor party, this is your place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends