All reviews the high line platform bed design hotel rooftop bar gallery district la piscine west chelsea new york bath products west side enjoyed my stay highline hip zaha nyc futon proximity
Reviewed 6 April 2018

maybe in the summer it is nicer, because of the swimming pool. all other times I cannot really recommend it. They do know how to do service, but are not having the oversight to apply it at all times (burned burger was replaced, but took me 20 min to get 3 chatting waitresses to bring me the bill). No coffeemaker, no gym - but sweets and snacks in the room you should buy. nothing to put your toiletries on. No nice view out of the window - actually a construction site.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
franckhermann518, Operations Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Bonjour Ute, Thank you for staying with us. I am terribly sorry that you burger came burned as well as the challenges you experienced with our staff about getting your bill. We have reviewed this issue with our team and implemented additional training to improve our guest experience. I went ahead and refunded the price of your burger on your credit card. For our rooms, we are planning in adding a 3 shelve cabinet in our bathroom to offer more storage space to our guest.

Feel free to reach out directly to me next time you are planning to stay with us. I will ensure that your stay will be flawless.

Franck Hermann

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Took last minute trip into city. Got a good rate booking.com
Room was very clean with cute bed set up. No parking on site had to walk a few blocks. Nice lobby bar. Area a bit dark at nite but otherwise good location. Would return

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
franckhermann518, Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Baywood99, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad to hear you like the cleanliness of your room. We look forward to welcoming you back! Best, Franck Hermann, Operations Manager, Hotel Americano

Reviewed 23 March 2018

This hotel is well appointed - of course tiny rooms, since it's in Manhattan, but a couple of things to be aware of, when booking a room here. The hotel is dog friendly, which is why we chose it - we needed to bring our 40 lb terrier on our trip to NYC with us... but, with that being said, we needed to take our dog outside several times during our 18 hours at the hotel. They give you one key fob that works the elevator, your room lock and also the lights and all power (TV, etc.) in your room. In order to leave the room, to take the dog out, I had to take the fob (or I wouldn't be able to get back up in the elevator) and leave my family in the complete dark in the room (no lights, tv, air) until I came back with the dog... not ideal whatsoever.
The beds are also on the floor - mattresses on the ground (on a wooden platform that steps up from the concrete floor in the rest of the room)... the photos show this, so it's not a surprise - just something to be aware of, for those who don't want to roll out of bed to get out... Overall, well appointed tiny room and nice hotel atmosphere/restaurant/food. Good location too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Heidi M
franckhermann518, Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Bonjour Heidi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am really sorry to hear that you had challenges with the keys. We always have extra sets of keys at the front desk. I wish we could have assisted you while you were staying here with us. I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your visit and we hope to have another opportunity to welcoming you back very soon!

Franck Hermann

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel Americano is a boutique hotel with the best hotel staff in the country! The are willing to assist with any request and are very knowledgeable about the neighborhood. The rooms are very clean. Great rooftop bar too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
franckhermann518, Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi! Thank you so much for your review. We can't wait for you to come back and stay with us again. We hope to see you this summer on our Rooftop " La Piscine ".

Franck Hermann ,

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I've stayed twice at the Americano and it's the best hotel in NY. Excellent location, close to all galleries, very professional staff, lovely terrace at the top, excellent restaurant and bar area where you meet everyone from the creative world. The rooms are comfortable, the Japan-inspired design is functional and cool, it's quiet, and there are fresh lifestyle magazines every day next to your bed. Service was amazing. I highly recommend it. It's a great spot to stay or just to have breakfast, or dinner.

Room Tip: chic, design, cool, luxury, stylish,
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
franckhermann518, Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hi Nicolas, Thank you so much for the sweet words about our team and restaurant. Hotel Americano thrives to be the living room of the Art District. We are glad that you were able to fully enjoy your experience with us. We hope to see you very soon!
PS: Come visit us on Sat & Sun for our brunch: live music and mimosas from 1-4 PM.
Best, Franck Hermann, Operations Manager, Hotel Americano