7,028 results
All reviewsthe red flame dinergaby restaurantnew yorktimes squarechrysler buildingseparate showerroom serviceturn down servicefifth avenuebryant parklate checkgrand central stationhigh floorquiet streetfantastic hotelrockefeller centerny standards
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We have stayed at the Sofitel before and we recently completed our latest stay. We recommend the hotel for its understated luxury, excellent service and central location.

What you get at Sofitel is a large, for New York, room with quality appointments and amenities and a quiet haven in the middle of one of the busiest parts of Manhattan.

There is no overstating the excellence of Sofitel's location. Its two blocks from Time Square, a block off Fifth Avenue, four blocks from Grand Central, and a few short blocks from all the subway connections you will need. Almost every major Broadway theater is within a short walk. 24 hour Duane Reed pharmacies and Carnegie Deli delights are a few minutes walk away. And when your done with all of that you get to return to serenity and comfort.

The one negative we would underscore is that laundry services are priced over the top.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winetraveler17
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in early August 2012. I had a good rate from Expedia. I was upgraded from a Queen to a King bedded room. The room was large, well furnished, with lots of closets with full length mirrored doors and a huge bathroom with both separate shower and bathtub. The toiletries are high-end French. The bed is bit too soft and fluffy for my taste but that is just a personal preference and not a criticism of the room. I loved the location just off Times Square for the convenience to multiple subway lines, shopping on Fifth Ave. and the numerous good dining options (DB Bistro Moderne almost next door and a good diner just a half block away). I had breakfast and dinner at the hotel's French restaurant and it was not expensive and very good. Housekeeping was extremely efficient. Everytime I put out the make-up the room sign, it seems the room is always made up within the hour or so that I am away from the room. There is also a good sized gym in the basement with enough equipment for a good workout even if you prefer weight training to cardio like I do. All in all, I had a great stay, no complaints and would definitely stay at the Sofitel again as long as the price was right.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank VancTraveller
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I love, love, love the Sofitel. I have stayed in a few other hotels in NYC but keep coming back here. The rooms are always clean, the bathroom is wonderful and room service, ahhh that is the best part. From the time you step out of the cab and are greeted at the door to when you check out the service and the wonderful, polite, and helpful staff are always there to be at your service. You will not be disappointed. And the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Try and stay in Sofitel's when I can and this one exceeded my expectations. Good location 5 minute walk from Times Sq.

The building is very 'New York'....in other words you look up to it and is great inside. Very plush and the bar and restaurant are excellent and staff attentive thoughout the hotel

We booked with expedia which was simple and I upgraded on arrival to a lovely two bedroom suite with good views from the 22nd floor

Hotel did everything to help organise limo transport I needed and were very efficient when something went wrong with this in putting it right and sorting out the debris that followed.....can't ask for more

The room was really a very high standard there was zero noise in the hotel and the beds and pillows were so good I didn't want to get up....or was that the bourban the night before!

Definately go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vic100Lichfield
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Great place for family - had a junior suite on 24th floor with fold out couch and large king bed so great for 3 adults in family to share. TONS of room to move around. And a spectacular terrace with great views and seating. Had on demand movies not yet out on dVD so we enjoyed catching up after our theatre outing. SOmeone mentioned no coffee makers, but they are typically available upon request at Sofitels and/or there is always free coffee in the lobby area. Free drink coupons and great customer service. Super comfy beds and just an exceptionally quiet property with good size rooms which is a rarity in New York City.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
GMTito, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience at Sofitel New York. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectation and we thank you for taking the time to share your story.
Yes, you are right we have Coffee and Tea making facilities upon request, we deliver it in your room, thank you for mentioning this, and we have as well a free coffee station at the restaurant during breakfast time.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Sofitel. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Jorge Tito