Sofitel New York
US$ 170
US$ 166
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 204
US$ 280
US$ 323
US$ 159
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 206
US$ 178
US$ 393
US$ 360
  • Room Service
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 291
US$ 255
  • Fitness centre
US$ 369
US$ 306
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 178
US$ 145
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 356
US$ 262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
6,873 results
All reviewsthe red flame dinergaby restaurantnew yorktimes squarechrysler buildingseparate showerroom serviceturn down servicebryant parkfifth avenuelate checkgrand central stationhigh floorbottle of champagnequiet streetrockefeller centerfantastic hotel
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We booked and stayed at the Sofitel NY for the week end of my husband's birthday. I had asked for some cup cakes to be in the room as it was his birthday and they made us their special week end guests with upgrade to a 2 room suite and a tray of cup cakes and bottled water (sparkling and still) waiting for us. Could not have been happier with the service and the room. Loved the location for walking around. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We were thoroughly surprised by this hotel experience. We stayed for five nights. The public spaces and the room (we had a one-bedroom suite) were in excellent condition - clean and comfortable.. The bathroom had excellent lighting. The staff was very accommodating, friendly, courteous and helpful. The location is very convenient and accessible. We couldn't have been happier at being at the Sofitel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This was the third Sofitel Hotel I had stayed in around the world, so I was looking forward to it. I was put off initially by my check in. I was served by a lady called Nancy. Firstly she demanded a $400 deposit for the room from my debit card. (Beware this is common when you check into a hotel in the USA). My room was already fully paid for, this was just I case I used anything from the mini bar.. She said it could take up to ten days for the money to be returned to my card. I argued about this and she allowed me to pay $200 in cash instead. Then the address she had for me was incorrect. I asked her to change this. She kept insisting maybe I had lived there. I told her she had one digit wrong in my postcode. She wasn't too happy as this meant reprinting all the paperwork but I insisted so she did it. After all I had booked through the AA Club website for which I have a membership so I couldn't understand how the address could be wrong. Eventually it was all sorted but I did tell Nancy I wasn't impressed with her check in.
On a positive note, the room was lovely, very comfortable and spacious. I found the pillows to be too soft and I had to have three to get any comfort. The mattress was excellent. The bathroom toiletries were L'Occitane. The room service was excellent as they brought up ice to my room.
The location of the hotel was ideal for exploring NYC. It was one block from Times Square and Broadway. It was located between 5th and 6 th Avenue. Macy's was a ten block walk really this isn't far at all. Bryant Park was just around the corner and there was a train station there too.
The concierge were very helpful in their advice. They helped me to book a bus tour of the city.
Overall I enjoyed my stay in this beautiful hotel and the location.. My only disappointment was the check in as first impressions are important to me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
GMTito, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at the Sofitel in January and had a very good experience: a nice room, very clean, good service, no problems. So when I stayed there again recently, I was extremely disappointed in the service. Both times we stayed in a Junior Suite. The room was on the top floor, very large, clean and nicely furnished. The problem with my second stay was the service. I left out a breakfast order on the door and called down to reception to let them know that it was there, but the next morning there was no breakfast. The next morning when I called down, they scrambled to get something up to us as quickly as possible, but they only brought up breakfast for one, not two, so they had to go back down and get the second breakfast. I had to call down as well to get bathrobes, which housekeeping had tucked away on the top shelf of the closet as opposed to having them hanging somewhere that we might find them. We ordered a bottle of wine to be sent to the room, which they brought up with wine glasses and a corkscrew. However, we didn’t open the wine on the first night so we had to call down on the second night to get them to redeliver the wine glasses and the corkscrew which arrived half an hour later. So we ended up spending much of the weekend waiting in the room for room service and housekeeping to take care of many of the small requests that had been overlooked in the first place. I wasn’t impressed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple