7,656 results
All reviews times square raquel ortiz great location new york street entrance the empire state building diamond member freedom tower corner room hudson river port authority high floor room was large statue of liberty central location subway station big apple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

What an experience! I was warmly greeted by the front desk staff, who were amazingly friendly, helpful, and fun. Richard checked me in - and I cannot rave enough regarding his service and attentiveness. He was engaging and funny, and made my experience a 10 out of 10. As a frequent traveler, this was one of the best greetings I have ever experienced. Amazing room selection - Richard was able to get our 2 rooms across the hallway - with views of the Hudson and the Empire State Building. This is a great hotel, easy to get to from the subway and in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: top floors have the best views of the city - Ask for Empire State Building side for a great view - or the Times Square side for a great view of the river.
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We arrived wet and tired and ready to clean up. Unfortunately the drain in our bathroom sink was broken and would not drain. We had to be careful not to use the water in the sink. The shower drain was very slow. After a brief shower, the bathtub filled to ankle level. Finally, there was conditioner but no shampoo and multiple facial tissues had been taken out of the box and then haphazardly stuffed back into the container. The room had the feel of having been overlooked by housekeeping. Not a good feeling. The reason for the average rather than poor review was the excellent front desk service. Very friendly restaurant recommendations and theater recommendations and plumbing problems were fixed quickly. Great front desk support.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Hilton Times Square hotel is number one in Times Square...best city view,structure,foods,servis...and fastly internet...i like this hotel...everywhere is near the hotel..example: Times Square,Broadway Theatres,Madame Tussauds,5th Avenue,Central park.....Thanks Hilton Times Square....from Baku,Azerbaijan.

2  Thank Ilkin K
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed here with my dad in July for a night, and it was a really good experience. Our check-in was at 3pm but we got there several hours early, and we got our room earlier than expected.
W also got upgraded and the staff were really nice. Had an amazing view of Times Square from our room. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends. Perfect location, with efficient staff and no noise regardless of being in the heart of Times Square.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I travel quite frequently for work. I have stayed in Hilton hotels a fair amount, although not as often as Marriott hotels. This was the worst hotel experience I can remember. I got in after midnight, and had to be up early the next morning. I got up to my room, having had a really rough travel day, and showered and shaved to be relaxed and fresh in the morning. The shower handle was loose, so that it would swing, under its own weight, to the SCALDING hot position. Once I got it warmed up, I guess the metal expanded so it didn't swing as freely, but it took some time. I was very tired at this point, so I dried off and hopped right in bed. It was only after trying to get comfortable for 10 minutes that I detected some kind of grainy/sandy type debris in the bed, and pulled back the sheets. I do not know what it was (I of course was trying not to panic about bed bugs), but in addition to the sand, I noticed several black hairs (I do not have black hair).

I pulled back the sheets on the second bed, and observed that they were also dirty. It was after 2:30am at this point, and I was already in the bed, so I decided that whatever contaminants existed had already had their way with me. I fell asleep uneasily.

The next morning, while preparing to check-out, I called down to let them know. They didn't seem overly concerned about the sheets at first (I'm sure they were dealing with check-out rush), but after I mentioned the shower being broken, they said they would send a manager up as soon as I left. That is of little comfort to me. I called the manager a few days later, who said he couldn't do anything to make up for it as I had not contacted him at the time. In their defense, I did not bring up the issues until I was leaving (but I was only there for around 6 hours).

I see from the other reviews that my experience was not typical. I am generally a forgiving type, but I will probably never stay in this particular hotel again. In the worst hotels I've stayed in, I don't think I've ever had clearly dirty sheets (maybe suspicious sheets, but not definitely dirty).

On the bright side, the Bed was comfortable (if dirty), staff was very friendly, and the iron worked pretty well (a pet peave of mine).

Room Tip: Rooms in any other hotel are cleaner. I have stayed at the Staybridge suites around Port Authority, and it was recently renovated, and unbelievably nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank BairdWallace
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At The Hilton Times Square, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet yours, or our own, expectations. I have personally reviewed your issues with our Housekeeping team to ensure that something like this does not happen again. I hope you contact me to discuss this further and give us a chance to change your opinion on your next visit to New York. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Hilton.

Lynell Lovett