“First Times Square Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Times Square

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #97 of 463 Hotels in New York City
North Carolina
“First Times Square Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Times Square while attending a convention for work. We were checkeall checked in by one person, so I didnt have to go to the front desk. I waited in the lounge area that I did find to be very comfortable and pleasant. Upon getting to the room I was pleased with the size. They beds were comfortable and the room was clean. My roommate went in to take a shower and once I went in the bathroom it was wet EVERYWHERE - not because she was sloppy but because there was no exhaust fan. So every time we took showers the whole bathroom including the towels you were to use to dry with were wet.
Elevators could use some updating.
You cant beat the convenience of the hotel to everything you could want to do on the City, however there were alot of people just "hanging out" in front of the hotel. I wouldnt have expected that from a Hilton property.
I couldnt tell you who actually worked at the hotel other than the bellman outside - I never saw anyone with a name badge or any indication they were an employee.
For the price I would have liked to seen a little more employee presence and some customer service. For my first time staying in Times Square I felt a little lost with no one to turn to at the hotel.
Ate at the Applebee's connected to the hotel, it was okay, just took a LONG time to get food after ordering.
I would stay there again though..knowing what to expect in advance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,313)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My daughter's friend was unimpressed with the size of the room, but that's only because she hasn't stayed in very many NY hotels. Our room was very habitable for three people (my daughter, her friend and me) - roomy, clean, quiet, and comfortable. It's true that it was an "upgrade" from the standard and wasn't cheap, but it was rejuvenating to retire into at the end of a day spent amidst the noise and throngs of the city. I was also pleased by what seemed to be genuine friendliness on the part of reception. No pasted-on worn-out smiles, just warm and courteous service. But for the price, I would have given this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for 6 nights, which I think is a reasonable time to write a review.

We stayed in 39th floor, which was just perfect for us such as we could see a beautiful panorama of New York. I asked especially to stay in one of the higher levels, so I think this was considered after we made booking.

Rooms are decent, simple but nicely furnished with comfortable bed.
Room service worked perfectly, I would say we did not have any problem with cleaning or anything like that. There was pleanty of towels, bad and hair dryer. I would recommend ladies not to rely on hotel cosmetics (cream and shower gel - I got my skin really dried out, but this is none of the hotels problem).

Lobby and all the halls were very clean with friendly people around. It was nice to use lobby Wifi which was free of charge. You could enjoy nice drink, sit and relax.
Concierge service was higher than average. Such as we did not make many plans prior to our arrival, we fully relied on concierge and we planned all our trips as it went. We got in touch with 3 - but the best one was friendly girl called Irena Simonova. She really did help us a lot with planning our trips and it was much easier with her help and professionality.

As our flight was scheduled at 8PM, we had to leave our luggages, it was no problem for doorman there so we left all our belongings there and of course, we got everything back :)

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to the next potential customers. Good quality and reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

While Hilton hotels are not big on character they are always clean,comfortable,well equipped and the staff are friendly and helpful.One bonus was the view from our room which was excellent.The hotel is right in the centre of things and is in a great location for seeing the sights of New york.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was very satisfied with my stay as the bedroom was spacious and bathroom adequate size with a good shower and efficient toilet. Bed was comfortable with good blackout curtain. Room was clean and housekeeper noted that I used the herbal teas and replenished with extra bags.
Location was good straddled between 41 & 42 street in Times Square.
Common areas such as lobby and gym were adequate with free wifi in lobby.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast a little expensive for what is on offer but you can easily eat in the surrounding area.
I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo