First I'll give you the positive about this property:
- Nice shower (with an adjustable bar)
- Large room by New York standards
- Comfortable bed
- Good desk for working in the room
- Room service "spa breakfast" is a good value: eggs, 2 cereals, yogurt, toast and fruit. Plenty to share.
And the negative:
- No personality in hotel; sterile
- Must take (and wait for) two noisy elevators to get to hotel room
- Food is not very good but is very expensive
- Taxi area is off on a side street which makes it difficult to access a taxi
- On the far side of Times Square in a more "iffy" neighborhood
- No full-length mirror in hotel room
- Concierge was not knowledgeable about restaurants; sent me to two terrible restaurants and couldn't find a longstanding Broadway restaurant.
So, from here you can decide what is important to your trip. Enjoy New York!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton