7,618 results
All reviews times square raquel ortiz great location new york street entrance the empire state building diamond member freedom tower corner room hudson river port authority high floor room was large statue of liberty central location subway station big apple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Everything you would expect from a Hilton combined with a great location, right in the heart of Times Square. Good sized clean rooms with friendly service. I will definitely stay here again.

Only area for improvement is the bar service...they are s-l-o-w. I was there for a week and it didn't make any difference if the hotel was busy or not. It also confused many a guest as to whether it was lounge/table service and consequently I noticed a number of guests patiently waiting in a lounge only to get frustrated after 10 minutes and either leave or go to the bar and wait even longer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank igbtys
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed here after New Year's Day and had a great time. We reserved 2 adjoining rooms for 3 nights for our family. Staff was friendly and helpful. International guests in hotel. Huge breakfast buffet included in the room deal. Perfect location for anything in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Times Square which is quite nice. However, while most hotels of that level in the Times Square area offer free wifi and continental breakfasts, this hotel charges a premium. The room that we had was a corner room with a fabulous view of Tim Square and separate bedroom. The lighting in the room was poor and the AC was only functional in the bedroom. The bathroom didn't have anywhere to hang towels or robes. Be prepared to have the "bellman" hustle you to purchase time shares and the "concierge" is a ticket vendor. The price for a cup of coffee in the morning is $5.00 and a buffet breakfast is $30.00. They charge for wireless Internet access which continually dropped the signal unless you did your surfing at 5:00am. For the same hotel costs, you can do much better in the area. I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room that you will be staying in prior to check in.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CanadianDavid
Yaniv P, General Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear David,

I’m terribly sorry to hear about the “average at best” experience you had at the Hilton Times Square. On behalf of our entire team, let me assure you that we strive for spectacular service experiences in each and every guest encounter and luxurious pristine accommodations for all guest areas; we will use each of your feedback points to ensure that everyone of our future guests does not share the same “average” experience.

In the following note I’ve broken down each of your points in hopes that you will read and understand any confusion or miscommunications we may have had, and potentially contact me directly so we can really understand all the details involved.

**Regarding the wifi and breakfast, we are happy to provide rates that include bundled options on our website. Among these bundling options are rates that include either breakfast, or wifi, or both. That said, for some travelers, getting the lowest possible rate available is the top priority. For them we have the best rate available “room only” rate, with no add-ons, as an option. In the future, I would encourage you to compare our breakfast included rates with other hotels of the same caliber; I am sure you will see that our rates are always very competitive.

**I would love to speak with you further regarding which room you stayed in. I’m concerned with the issues you brought up (lighting, poor working AC, and missing towel racks in the bathroom). At this at this property we don’t have a corner room with a separate bedroom and a view of Times Square… Also, there is a large towel rack in every bathroom in every room. If you could contact me directly with more information, I would love the chance to go to that room with one of my engineers and make sure it is in mint Hilton Condition for the next guest.

**The bellmen have no connection with Time Shares or with Hilton Grand Vacations. They should not be pushing you to purchase anything of the sort. Again, if you could contact me to provide additional information, I would be most appreciative. I will personally speak with any bellman (or any other team member for that matter) who is not up to our standards. Moreover each of our experts on the Concierge team is a full time Hilton Team Member, not ticket vendors at all. I would love to hear what gave you this impression and who you spoke with?

**The restaurant prices for a full hot and cold breakfast buffet are actually the lowest in our market, when being compared with other similar hotels ($28+tax). I do understand that for someone who is not from here, this can seem like a high price, and I would be happy to personally recommend other (non endless buffet style) more moderately priced options for you, or any other guest who plans to visit us in Times Square.

If you’d like to assist us in growing our team and our service, please contact me at the hotel, and ask for the Hotel Manager – Yaniv. Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback as it is an integral part of our development.

Best Regards,

Yaniv Packin
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2012

i live in NYC, so i do not need to stay in NYC hotel. there was once I helped my friends' family to book hotel in the city and i chose hilton time square, primiarily based on their convenient location to transportation. i did not review customer feedback or anything before i book the room. besides, i accompanied my friends in the evening, but not overnight there in the hotel. overall, my impression on the hotel was excellent. the hotel treated me as a regular customer as most other hotels would have, though i am a long-time diamond member. the most impressive with the hotel was the hotel was always willing to go extra miles to help customers. whenever i had a particular request, the receptionist would give me a best answer he could. if not, he would try to find the info and get back to me and/or told me how i should proceed. that helpfulness attitude impressed me deeply.

i have stayed at a variety of hilton hotels (between 50-100 hilton hotels) in the past 2 years. this one was the best in its attitude to its customers. they could honor my request at 4am and responded quickly at 5am. i could not help applauded.

if i ever want to mention another hilton hotel as a comparison, the los angels airport (LAX) north (I forgot its exact name, but LAX has 2 hilton same-name hotels in North and South -- wanted to exclaim North) was also excellent. i meant, their manager and receptionist responded to me quickly and effectively.

Overall, I found California Hilton hotels treated customers most honestly and better than east coast hiltons. (i meant, overall, though the best receptionist i found seemed in Hiltom Time Square.) i could not figure out an exact reason but that is my experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank andrewnys
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed at this property for two nights in mid-December. The hotel is very well maintained, we had a beautiful corner room with king bed and loads of space including a full size desk; very large - particularly for NYC standards. The magic of Times Square is right around the corner with theatre, restaurants and shops in abundance. We walked to Central Park, SOHO and Herald Square ... but you could also take the subway. I highly recommend this hotel - reasonable rates, great rooms and in the centre of all the action.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple