“Some call it heaven I call it Yotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #124 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Some call it heaven I call it Yotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Had a one bed, 175 sq ft room. Great view from small window, comfortable bed/sofa, excellent location and price if you want to be near times square. One drawback is the location of the toilet in the studio without any door for privacy, only a curtain. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank MNTwinsRule
, Guest Relations Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Hi MNTwinsRule, you made it to our very select list of favorite guest quotes! Brilliant! Thank you so much for your review. If there is anything we can ever assist you with in the future, please contact us directly at reservations@yotelnewyork.com
-Gina, Guest Services Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,751)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
united states
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

The atmosphere is clean crisp, modern and fun and for the money (in NYC) I think this hotel is a bargan! ( I did get it on sale for less than $200.) I used to stay at the POD ...but Yotel has the free muffins/coffee /water and a rooftop with awesome views of the city for around the same price. My 16 yo son loved it too!
Walking distance to times sqare and close enought to the NYC port (was in NYC for a cruise)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I don't know if Yotel has changed their bedding since receiving previous complaints of uncomfortable beds, but I thought it was quite comfortable. The hotel was spotless, my room was well designed, the location was terrific for my conference.

I was only in my room to crash at night, but it was perfect for that purpose. I liked the galley on the floor and made use of having espresso or tea - a really nice touch.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

we chose to stay in a modern well located hotel in New York.
First of all the web site of the yotel is presenting this hotel in a way that gives you the filling that all the spaces shown are for the guests of this Hotel.

That is wrong. It was thursday about 22:00 when i decided with my wife to go down to the terrace for a quick drink. We went down there was a party going on on the 4rth floor, the place was packed with people living outside of the hotel. We try to find a place to sit outside, which was not easy to find, when we finally found one a waiter of the hotel said to us you cannoy seat hear this space is reserved for the party.. WHAT THE HELL!! IAM I STAYING IN THIS HOTEL OR NOT?
THAT WAS IT? I WILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING THAT ARE NOT RIGHT. PAY ATTENTION.

1. You pay only to stay in a tiny rooms. ...motel style
2. No privacy in the room, toilet has no door, only a certain separates you from the toilet. Imagine smells, sounds...funny a.
3. No toilet brush available.
4. No place to put your clothes, bags, etc. The room is okay if you travel alone for just a day.
Motel style..
5. When someone close the door on the floor you hear it, no good sound insulation
6. The aircondition is like a huge blower, that never stops, and has no options to reduce the fan speed or sound.
7. 4th floor is a disco, too loud sound, you are about to go out for a dinner and your forved to pass from a floor full people. you fill like the motel starts from the 5th floor and up.
8. Breakfast, muffing coffee had it only for the first day of our stay,we chose to pay to eat outside
Paying for another 20 dollar every morning fora decent breakfast. Breakfast at the yotel too expensive.
9. Cleaning the tiny room, average clean. Motel like...
10. The location is great.... Thats is well mentioned.

Sorry about my english, hope you enjoy your staying in the beautifull New York.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Stephanie K
Hi Stephanie K, I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your experience. ‘FOUR’ is available for all guests to enjoy. Although our partners at Richard Sandoval Restaurants do book private events, we always reserve space for our hotel guests as well. Regarding our cabin size, we make every effort to be very upfront about this on our website, as well as all booking engines. It is one thing that allows us to remain so reasonably priced. However, we do hope that you liked the award winning design. It sounds like some of the features (such as; under bed luggage storage, A/C power off function and A/C fan-only function) may not have been communicated to you, and for this I apologize! Free muffins and coffee at breakfast time is another feature. However, for those that are looking for something a bit more substantial, Dohyo offers a breakfast special for $9.95 with your choice of entrée and coffee or tea. If there is anything further that you would like to address, please feel free to contact me directly at reservations@yotelnewyork.com. Thank you again for your review, and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to provide a better experience!
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I have some pretty bad luck when I travel, but what separates the good hotels from the bad is how they handle the fixing.

The room was cool looking, but it was a bit awkward to get around with no size, even for a NYC hotel. I think I would've completely hated it if my husband were with me. This hotel is definitely for the traveler who doesn't want to spend a lot of time in the room.

My remote was broken, which wouldn't be a big deal except there is no other way to turn on the tv. I called the front desk and he said he would send someone up. Half an hour later I called to check on the status. Then an hour passed I called again. Finally after an hour and 15 minutes I was very tired and just wanted to go to bed so I called and told them they could just handle it tomorrow.

I also realized after using the restroom that there is no handsoap or bars provided. Ew. I used some shampoo, but just thought it was an oversight from housekeeping. I stopped by the front desk, reminded them about the remote and left for work. After work I came back, I checked on the remote before leaving for dinner. As it was still not working, I went by the front desk and asked for the manager. The girl was very nice and assured me it would be fixed by the time I returned from dinner. I also asked about the handsoap and she said it isn't provided, but you can buy it at the front desk. EW. So the entire hotel doesn't wash their hands?! I used purel like crazy the rest of my stay. After dinner I stopped by the desk and found out my remote was fixed and had only needed batteries. So nothing complicated, and one little bit of initiative would've made my stay much more relaxing.

The fact that I had to follow up with the front desk 5 times to get some batteries tells me I won't be staying again.

Cabs are non existent on this street, you are better off walking for a bit to a better corner rather than wait in the long cab line in the morning.

Oh yeah, and the bed feels like a fold out futon. If I wanted to reminisce about crashing with friends in college, I could do it for a lot less money. I'm just a little to old for all the spiff and no real amenities.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lagreenwell
Hi Lagreenwell, thank you for your review. I’m not sure what I would do without my TV so I feel your pain. I will absolutely be following up with the appropriate department on this to determine what occurred. Our organic “All Over Body Wash” positioned by the sink is a liquid wash/ soap. Due to our dedication to sustainability this is offered in a pump, rather than a bar soap with wrapper. I am sorry to hear about your taxi experience. A member of Ground Control is available to assist with hailing cabs at all hours. They are usually successful, however, depending on the time of day and weather, it can be a challenge anywhere in the city. I would love to follow up with you personally if you have the time. Please forward your contact information to gina@yotelnewyork.com. I look forward to speaking with you and do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Yotel for a different experience! Thank you again Lagreenwell.