YOTEL New York
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 220
US$ 198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 210
US$ 178
US$ 438
US$ 360
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 178
US$ 145
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 193
US$ 159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 309
US$ 262
  • Pool
US$ 176
US$ 166
  • Breakfast included
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 295
US$ 255
  • Fitness centre
US$ 369
US$ 306
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 115
  • Breakfast included
11,648 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkrooms are smallfourth flooryour luggageport authorityjavits centercool hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bedfew blocks
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Plus - no hassel, self-check in, robot luggage handler, location, efficiency, towel warmers, views, terrace, tea/coffe galley on each floor, cleanliness, green philosophy, security, complimentary muffins & coffee/tea, friendly staff, terrace lounge and shower head...ahhh
Neg - bed was too hard, shampoo/soaps smelled medicinal, and were strong! Water from shower ended up on floor since there was no door. Techno music in all public places, very driving. Thermostat took long to adjust so we were either freezing or stifling for a long period of time.

Overall, very good experience. I recommend.

Room Tip: Higher you are, the better the views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Hi Kathleenonthego, we think your review is “So Cool!” You managed to capture so many of our amenities and missions in 3 lines. Efficiency… check. Friendly staff… check. Super cool features… check! We are sorry that you didn’t like our signature washes. One is eucalyptus infused to rejuvenate you after a long day of working hard and playing hard. Our music was designed to sync with the time of day. We do have some upbeat tunes in the afternoon; however, hope you heard the birds chirping in the morning hours. Thank you for the tip on your thermostat. I will absolutely be following up with our Engineering department on this one. If you have the time, please email us your Cabin number to reservations@yotelnewyork.com. Thanks again Kathleenonthego! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Loved the very efficient manner in which we were directed to self-check in. Staff were always helpful and friendly. Room was on the 9th floor, and we had a lovely view of NY West. Quiet neighbourhood and we were not disturbed by noise in the street. Good hotel for walkers - about a block or two from subways, and relatively close for a nice walk to 46th/ 8-9Ave restaurants. Room was very clean and well appointed. No in room fridge, but there is a galley on each floor with a "community" fridge and microwave and coffee/hot chocolate machine. It was small - BUT having been in other NY hotels, I can say that it did not feel cramped at all. Water is free from the ice machine - which was very handy. Free muffins and coffee each morning on the 4th floor. It is very well laid out - if you are travelling with large suitcases there MAY be a space issue in the room (we only had two carry ons), but the hotel has a very interesting way to store large bags (check their website!). While the open concept room may not be great for family/friends travelling, there is a curtain to separate the bathroom area from the sleeping area (but I do agree with other reviewers that it is a set up that is best for couples who are quite familiar with each other! LOL). Only issue is that the mattress was quite unforgiving - it felt like an old feather mattress that had gone beyond its use ... but overall, I would not have any concern about staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripNL
Reviewed 26 June 2012

So traveling to New York City, was very well. My mother and I stayed at Yotel, the place was very nice... modern! I rate the hotel very good, although the room was very small. Also I believe the cleaning people would turn off the air condition everytime they would clean. But besides those minor issues, this is a great place to stay! Also the Yotel Robot for luggage is very unique and very helpful! The robot allows you to drop your luggage off in a secure holding area and you can go explore the city without having to carry your luggage around the city.. waiting for your departure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank xyummyicecreamx
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Hi xyummyicecreamx, we are thrilled that you and your mother both enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review! As we are a green hotel, in order to conserve energy, our air conditioning units do have a motion sensor. I am so sorry this was not communicated to you. I agree, Yobot is very unique and helpful! I wish I could borrow him to organize my apartment. Thanks again xyummyicecreamx. We (and Yobot) hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

As a reference, I've previously stayed at these Times Square area hotels: Marriott, Sheraton, W, Westin, Millennium & Hyatt. Chose Yotel for its proximity to the Javits Center, where I had a conference (<10 min walk); it's also within walking distance to Times Square & other touristy places. The room was small but made the most of the space (vs. some other hotels e.g. the W): floor-to-ceiling window, comfy bed, large flat screen TV, monsoon shower head, & free wifi (not common in NYC!). No coffee maker in the room itself but each floor has a galley kitchen with an excellent coffee machine (the cafe latte was as good as Starbucks!); free muffins in their 4th floor cafe; gym. BTW, they were offering deals through Travelzoo, but Tripadvisor's was even better. Opted for the cheapest room, but a few days before arrival, Yotel sent me an email offering an upgrade for $8 which was completely worth it (great view on the 26th floor!). Best of all, they had a clean room ready at noon (also very rare in my experience).

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded view on the higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Runster
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Hi Runster, hooray; we stole you from the chains! And it sounds like you’ll be back! We realize that vacationers and business travelers don’t spend a lot of time in their rooms. Therefore, while our cabins do have everything that you could need, we also put a lot of thought into our public spaces. Club Cabins to hang in before a flight to watch TV or get on a conference call, a restaurant and 2 bars, an outdoor terrace, GYM, and our ‘Galleys’ with a fridge, free water and hot beverages, like you mention. Better than Starbucks?! Cool! Thank you; I happen to agree, although I may be partial. Lol. Thank you for your review Runster! We hope to welcome you back soon. Please contact us directly at reservations@yotelnewyork.com for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here with my one of my good friends while on a five week holiday from Australia. We stayed all up eight nights in Yotel while on our escapade in New York. Despite the bathrooms not having doors and the hotel rooms being a tiny bit squishy, we loved it. First and foremost, we loved the service (complimentary cupcakes and coffee in the morning, greeting smiles when we left or arrived back at the hotel, swift service when picking up a package and overall just a friendly, funky vibe), the lobby was great, the restaurant on the rooftop was really fun and the location was just about perfect! I celebrated my birthday on the Sunday of memorial weekend and just happened upon Yotel's amazing brunch. From 1:30 onwards we enjoyed endless amounts of delicious food and alcoholic beverages - a perfect way to spend a birthday!
Overall, thank you Yotel for making our stay in New York enjoyable. If i ever make it back to that side of the world, i would definitely stay at Yotel again and i have already recommended it to friends and family!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrookeH141
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Hi BrookeH141, “best hotel on your USA trip”? What an honor! Thank you for your review! I am so glad that you enjoyed the free coffee and muffins each morning. Did you try the Cranberry Muffin? YUM. Speedy and efficient service with a smile… you just described the YOTEL way. Happy Belated Birthday BrookeH141! We are so glad that we got to share that special day with you. Although Australia is a long way away, we do hope that we will have the opportunity to celebrate another birthday with you; if not in NYC, then Boston, where we hope to have a property in the future. Thank you again!