11,946 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkfourth floorrooms are smallyour luggageport authorityglass doorjavits centermodern hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bed
Reviewed 15 October 2011

stayed here 4th - 7th October 2011. Great spot for access pretty much anywhere downtown/midtown right up to Central Park. Hotel seems fairly new and facilities are good and all is clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Micko57
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed at the Yotel from 6-9th Oct, 11, with my husband for a citybreak. This hotel really surpassed my expectations. Check in was a breeze at the kiosks located on the ground floor, it literally took 2 mins and then we were in the lift straight up to our cabin! The hotel staff looked after our luggage. The room was a great deal larger than I expected. The bed is quite large. At least 8 feet in length. The wash basin is like a twin and the shower is also very spacious. The room really impressed me. We had 4 suit cases to store and we had no problems with this. All rooms have air con, safes, hair dryers etc. If you require an iron you call ground control! The room was very clean, new and shiny and we had sheets and towels changed daily. The breakfast is served on floor 4. It consists of coffee, tea, muffins in 4 flavours, juices and fruit, we only ate it one morning as we preferred to dine out being on vacation. The cranberry mufins are delicious and the coffee is excellent. The Sunday brunch on the roof terrace is a must!!! I found the staff to be very helpful and always on hand to assist with directions etc. Time Sq is approx 5-10min walk depending on how fast you walk!! Its beside the port authority bus station where the grayline goes to Woodbury Commons. From this hotel we walked to Central Park, Top of the Rock, Empire State, Tim Sq, Crysler Building, 5th Ave, we took the subway to ground zero and walked to China Town & Little Italy and took the subway back to times sq again. Its an ideal spot for sight seeing, clean, relaxing and away from the crowds and noise which is perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples especially visiting the city on a break.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The food here is all excellent. However, getting it to your table is a huge problem. We went for brunch and waited 15 minutes for our waiter to greet us. We ordered right away, but after an hour only received one of the seven plates we ordered. First we were told they lost our ticket, then we were told it was because VIP's on the patio came first. We were sitting directly behind the kitchen so we could see the only food going out was for the large VIP table we were told about. Finally our food came and we decided to get two more plates since everything tasted good. Another 20 minutes later and we received a plate of burned bacon and no beef on the beef brisket benedict. That effectively ruined our celebration.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here Sept 1-6th. I, like many others, chose it as it was brand new, has a great location and got 50% off deal. Our first experience upon arriving was being greeted by the guys at the door (always friendly and helpful). Dan took us up to our room and gave us the "low down". He was very helpful and super nice. The room was small (we got a Premium Cabin with Queen Bed) but we expected it and were not disappointed. The room was bright (even without the "mood lighting" people seem to love or hate). We found the bed quite comfortable but could see it being an issue if you were overweight. We had a great view of the Hudson. Flat screen tv, plug for your iPod or iPad, decent size shower - good times. The toilet was exposed but they had a curtain you could use for privacy. That plus running the tap while the tv was on made or an easy experience. Truthfully I thought more of the condo right beside us being able to look into the room (but if that's all they had going on for them then have at 'er). The little fold out map provided in your room came in super handy. We used it everywhere we went. Breakfast wasn't an issue as we ate elsewhere. They had free coffee machines on each floor which made my girlfriend happy! We ate at Dohyo - the Asian/Mexican fusion restaurant in the hotel. The food was good and as we were advised came in smaller portions (tapas). The Pot Bellied Pork tacos were very good but comically tiny! The location is awesome - walk up 42nd street to Times Square. The Port Authority is on 42nd where we took a bus out to Woodbury Common (Premium Outlet Mall). There is a subway station on 42nd as well - do yourself a favour and buy a Metro Pass if you are staying more than a few days. It's super worth it! My only complaint was Q-Tip was supposed to be spinning in their lounge the Friday we got in but he cancelled at last minute. I'd definitely go back. The experience and staff were great!

Room Tip: If noise is an issue you may want to keep the window closed. Even up on the 25th floor New York traffic is loud. We liked it though as part of the experience.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My husband and I had a good stay here. Two nights. Small room but knew what to expect from the reviews so didn't mind. Very clean, compact, well designed. 2 blocks to subway. Requested higher room, view of Hudson, away from elevator...got all requests. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Complimentary muffin, coffee. Fine to start the day. Had read several negative comments in previous reviews and apparently the management had corrected those items so I was impressed. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple