11,958 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkfourth floorrooms are smallyour luggageport authorityglass doorjavits centermodern hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bed
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Cleanliness, location, wifi, cleanliness and it was the time of our lives. The staff found me hiding in the room as I never wanted to leave. My wife wanted to take the room home with us... staff were wonderfully incredible..especially Joanna... Salih, she is a wonderous blessing to your company. WE were treated royally from hotel entry to our room service and all points between. All staff were kknowledgeable about the area and directed us to some great eateries.We were so close to everything that we could grab a quick shower and barely miss any Times Sq. action. Location for us was prime as the Hudson river was 2 blocks west and Times Sq. plus subway only 2 blocks east. Rooms were so clean and easy to be in that it was hard to go out at times. My only complaint is that there is only one in the USA and none (yet)Canada and I can only wait for the future of having more in the rest of North America. Other than that I will have to visit England or The Netherlands. Truly a full team effort and setup. Keep the standards high you do set the bar for others to follow. PS- price through Expedia was very affordable too.

Room Tip: Just ask and if it is possible then they will do it for you!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belugas12
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Yotel NYC for two evenings in August. There is only one word to describe my experience...flawless! First and foremost, the service was impeccable from the time I arrived to the time I stepped foot out of the door. Secondly, the location is absolutely perfect. It's right across the street from a 24/7 CVS convenience store, and walking distance to several viable eating spots. Last but not least, the rates are absolutely incredible. There is no place in NYC where you can get these types of accommodations within their price range. Also, the food at the restaurant was not only delicious, but extremely reasonable. I also had the pleasure of meeting the Yotel Owner (who just so happen to be in town) and the Director of Entertainment Sales. They were one of the most accommodating people I have ever met. Do yourself a huge favor, visit and stay at Yotel NYC. You will be so pleased your decision!

Room Tip: You should opt-in for a one bedroom suite with the jacuzzi! It's definitely worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank coreyjstanford
Reviewed 8 August 2011

a far different experience from other, ordinary hotels that you are used to . everything is studied and ergonomicaly placed to the room. since rooms are small this turns to be rather efficient during the day. the view also from the room was wonderfull exspecially if you get lucky to be on a higher floor. we stayed for 8 days and we had a memorable experience. Everything was perfectly clean and the idea of having a "kitchen" for our convenience in each floor was life saving. The staff was really helpfull, kind and warm (thank you D.J.). Overall it was a great experiene next time we are defenately cming to your hotel it was worth it .

Room Tip: Small but surprisingly convenient and comfy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kostas-zoe
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I went to NYC In July 2011: part of the trip was on business, the remaining part for leisure. It was my first trip to the city but being a frequent traveller I have lived in more hotels than I would normally wish to.

For the first part of my trip I have stayed at the chic Mondrian at Soho. I went on to look for an accomodation in June, knowing that it was a bit late given summer holiday season. Being quite a fan of Yosushi I remebered that they were planning to open a NYC hotel I was lucky to have checked on the week they apparently opened which landed me with a quite modest $149/night. At the time of my booking there was only one review on Tripadvisor hence I was taking my chances with this one. As my trip approached I checked back only to see couple of less-praising reviews. As I have made full prepayment there was little choice for me.

I am glad to report that it was probably one of the best decissions I have made. I found hotel to be above my expecations. I was greeted by a very helpful staff upon entering the building. Checkin was seamless and efficient- including self printing of my room card. Given the size of hotel I can imagine that it would take far longer using traditional reception desk.

I got a 26th floor room facing Hudson. It was premium cabin. Yes it is compact however it is also very cleverly designed meaning that I found this never to be short of space- although being solo traveler on this trip it should not come as suprise. The hotel is not centrally located however it is close to large choice of dining places, walking distance to TImes Square and Broadway theaters as well as Subway stop at Port Authority Bus Terminal. The later also has regular buses to Woodbury Common Outlet Shopping Center which may be good place to visit if like me you want to combine your trip with shopping.

Complimentary breakfast is bare minimum: selection of muffins, coffee and tea. At the same time there is never shortage of any which is nice. If you expect fuller selection breakfast there is a la carte restaurant with bigger variety. I cant really comment on quality of that or terrace/ evening amusements at the hotel as NYC was too much of fun for me to stay at the hotel. I noticed though number of people there and a full party happening in the evening. It looked like the people had a lot of fun with it.

Which leads me to my biggest point of interest with the hotels: sound proofing. I am very, very light sleeper and was very happy to realize that sound proofing was exceptional. Other than odd street sirens at night I have never heard presence of any of the hotel guests (and the hotel was full) during night or day. Which gave me exceptional sleep at night. Also the "bathroom" is part of the room however there is a sound, glass door closing it from the general room area. I was traveling alone but can't really imagine this be bothering any of the couple travelers.

Speaking of sleep I have read some people complaining about hardness of beds. I suppose if you're used to typical soft matress used in US this can be a bit of change. For me this was actually an advantage as I felt my body rested during the night, which was important given intense days city gives you. Therefore beds are advantage for me.

As already mentioned in topic: when in NYC I will certainly go back to yotel and will recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: High floor, hudson facing
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank musique_2005
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Yotel Hotel is ideal for your trip to New York. It is very new and so ultra clean all around the hotel and in the rooms. It is based on 10th Avenue so near to Times Sq (5 min walk) and all the other famous NYC landmarks. The staff are friendly (including Sabrina who made sure there were fresh muffins out each morning and DJ who will help you get a taxi outside the hotel). There is a 24hr pharmacy and shop directly outside which has anything you need in case you left it at home. I recommend this hotel to couples and anyone visiting NYC for the first time. Very impressed! x

• Stayed: July 2011