“The Right Stuff”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #27 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Just got back from some very hot days in NYC, but THE PEARL was our oasis. Nice rooms, comfy beds, nice shower and bath. The staff was very attentiv, and the whole place was imaculate. Breakfast is inlcuded and it was always fresh and restocked constantly. Can't say anything bad about this hotel. We would certainly stay again!!

Room Tip: HIgh floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank wallybeary
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in June, we decided to upgrade to a superior room. On arrival we were welcomed by friendly staff and shown to our room.
The room was pretty spacious for new York, tv in both the room and bathroom. A little fridge which came in handy as I didn't fancy spending $8 for a bottle of voss water. The bed was comfy and needed to be after a day of walking.

The breakfast was nice, with plenty of pastries, bagels & cereals with Hot and cold drinks to choose from too.

The hotel is only a few mins walk from times square & subway station so very central and handy.

The restaurant (E&E steakhouse) next to hotel offer quests of the pearl a discount. We decided to eat there on our last night, and it was worth it too. It's rated in the top 100 restaurants in NYC so guess it had to be good. Delicious steak & sides, service was a little slow but I think that was down to a graduation party taking all the waiters attention.

We didn't use the gym or other facilities.
I would happily stay at this hotel again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Orangeclogs
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I loved staying at The Pearl Hotel. I came to NYC for a conference and stayed a few days extra for pleasure after my business trip. I ended up randomly selecting The Pearl because it is in walking distance to the Marriott Marquis and the rooms were cheaper than the conference hotel rates. It ended up being a great decision. The Pearl is in excellent walking distance to Time Square. And easy to jump out of the hustle to a side street with a cab to take you elsewhere. It is in a convenient location for restaurants and Broadway shows. The rooms are plenty spacious. I stayed in a Deluxe King Room. The bathrooms were gorgeous with a huge spacious shower and a TV (convenient if you are spending a lot of time in there). Free WiFi. The hotel features a daily wine and cheese happy hour which is good to enjoy when checking in or before dinner. The staff was friendly. Housekeeping was accommodating and not waking you up to clean before you were eeady. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Kashay
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I'm not sure she is still there, the agent who assisted me the most. I stayed last year and I would never forget Julissa at the front desk. The wine and cheese in the evening is really a nice touch. The Pearl is so close to perfect, the only missing is that it is not a full service hotel and it doesn't have room service. The restaurant they have by the lobby is good though. I booked the room with a little patio, but unfortunately it was a rainy night and was not able to enjoy the patio during my stay. Overall, the staff are nice and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Being cinematographers, we travel with a bunch of gear. (10 cases) When we travelled to NYC and the Pearl in the heart of Broadway and Times Square, we were dropped off at the curb.

The bell clerks, not only helped us well but respected the fragility of our equipment.

The room was gorgeous. We had a King Balcony room. Amazing how quiet it was being on the 10th floor over the noise of Times Square.

Great linens, always a very important thing to us.

Their Concierge was a sweetheart, and helped us book a car to Newark that was almost the same price as a yellow cab.

I will stay here again when in the heart of NYC.

Room Tip: The balcony was sweet, and I think the higher you get the quieter it becomes.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business