2,841 results
All reviews stone street battery park double tree the staten island ferry statue of liberty new york lower manhattan warm cookies wall st rooms are small brooklyn bridge freedom tower world trade center around the corner business trip city view subway station
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly we have never stayed in the financial district before so I was looking forward to being close to a lot of important attractions.
Price wise it is the same as the hotel that we normally stay at in midtown but doesn’t compare AT ALL.
I had hoped that with the name Hilton that this would be somewhat of a guarantee for quality but for me, that quality is somewhat lacking.
The room itself is small, even for NY standards. The air conditioning unit made more noise than the traffic in midtown and that’s saying something.
After arriving yesterday, severely jet lagged, and before going out for some things, I asked for a small fridge for our room. No problem was the answer - there would be a fee - also not a problem. I bought some things that have to be cooled only to arrive back to hear that there wasn’t a fridge available but I could keep some things in their fridge on the 2nd floor.
The problem with so many floors/rooms and the elevators had been well documented so you can understand that I wasn’t happy having some things on the 2nd floor with me on the 22nd floor.
Breakfast is in the adjacent Italian restaurant. What looks romantic in the evening looks completely different in daylight hours. After going in I was told that I had to have a voucher for breakfast and that it should have been given to me at check in. So back upstairs with the s l o w elevator only to hear that it had been forgotten at check in. Back downstairs in the s l o w elevator. The buffet gives the impression it is an after thought. It’s all bit uncared for. The backroom in the restaurant definitely needs a makeover, everything is a bit dingy. Unfortunately that is where the buffet is set up.
We are here for another couple of days and hope that it gets better.
On a positive note, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the bed is very comfortable and the tv is good but further for me it is all a bit outdated and tired.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
00gc, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with feedback of your stay. We appreciate your descriptive comments as they help direct us to the areas where we can improve. Thank you for complimenting our staff, rooms and several amenities. Thank you again for being our guest. We look forward to having you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The hotel is located in the main financial downtown, pretty close to the wall street. Let me come to the most inconvenient part, THE HOTEL IS FLOODED WITH GUESTS & IT HAS ONLY 3 LIFTS THAT TAKE AGES TO ARRIVE. The reception is on the 2nd floor, so for registration 1st you need to head to the 2nd floor queuing up for approx 20 mins for the lift then head to your room from 2nd floor to the designated one waiting for the lift again for 20 mins.

We were in a group, totally jet-legged & it took us 1 hr & 15 mins to go to our room just because of the lift problem. The reception staff is not at all accommodating or friendly, i requested for a room change as i was given a twin room instead of a single king bed. The female at the reception bluntly refused to do so even knowing that i had a 4 year old kid with me. I had to get my tour manager involved , argue with them & then only they changed the room. NOW THAT's A BAD LEVEL OF HOSPITALITY.

Coming to the room, the rooms are small & that's ok since its located in one of the upmarket area. The bathrooms were clean & so was the room, housekeeping was good.
Breakfast spread was decent but worth mentioning was the staff, very humble, very polite & damn hardworking. Wanted to rate this property 2 but rating three for the restaurant staff.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your experience. We appreciate your constructive comments, as they help direct us to the areas where we can improve. We appreciate the kind comments toward our restaurant staff and will relay those comments. Thanks again for being our guest. We look forward to having you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Great location and friendly staff, but other than that this place was underwhelming. Room was so small it was comical, and bathroom didn't have enough room for me to even put toothpaste and deodorant down without place one of them on top of toilet.
Entrance was in alley with small marking for hotel, which led to a service looking hallway and 3 elevators. I was informed checkin was on 2nd floor, which was also super small. Just felt odd...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
00gc, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

In our continuous effort to provide the best experience possible, the most important feedback comes from our guests. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay and sharing the positive comments regarding our location and staff. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I like to stay here on weekends to be away from the bigger crowds of Times Square and Midtown crowds. The rates are great for the weekend, especially for the location. Expect delays with the elevators since it's an older hotel with three elevators servicing the entire hotel. (Tall narrow building) It's easy to get to Times Square or any of the shopping districts on the subway, and in the immediate area of the hotel you have the 911 Memorial Museum, Wall Street/NYSE, Battery Park, the Vietnam Veterans Plaza, Maritime Memorial/Museum, and Stone Street. Stone Street has a lively restaurant scene and great outdoor seating. It's a fun place for happy hour or watching sporting events. You also have Harry's and several other nice steak places nearby if you want to dine upscale. Great jazz in the cafes, especially during weekend brunch, and a laid back vibe. Get your Broadway tickets at the TKTS Seaport location where there's barely a line. While you're over there, check out the wonderful local shops for coffee, home goods and gifts, local hangouts and views of the water. You can also launch off from this location easily to tours of Statue of Liberty. It's my favorite area to call home base during my trips to NYC. I come here for business a fair amount, and it's fun to see how the personality of the area completely changes on the weekends.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton New York City - Financial District. We are happy you appreciated our affordable rates and the convenience of being in the Stone Street Historic District of Manhattan and close to Wall Street, Federal Hall and many other points of interest. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time that you visit our exciting city!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

First time staying at this particular property. I was extremely impressed with the service first and foremost. Everyone was very helpful, and each day we were in New York, someone from the hotel would check in with us via text to see if we were want for anything more.
Our rooms were very clean. Shower water pressure was on par with the best of fire hoses! You could turn it on low for a gentle shower from the rainfall shower head, or crank it up to have it massage you scalp and shoulders.
The TV was incredibly large and served up all the necessary news or sports if you were so inclined to stay in the room.
Situated a couple of blocks from Wall Street, 911 memorials and Battery Park, it is a perfect respite from the hustle of Times Square and does not include the crazy fares of the upper east side.
We would definitely return to this property.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

David, thank you for such a fantastic review and for taking the time to let us know your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton New York City - Financial District was perfect in every way! We will share your wonderful comments with our team, and they will be thrilled to know they exceeded all your expectations. They are devoted to ensuring each guest has an absolutely wonderful experience with us, and we are happy to know their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!