“Excellent Ethiopian Fare”

Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Neighbourhood: East Village
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I'm a huge fan of Ethiopian food. I've eaten it all over the USA. This was one of the best meals of it's kind that I've had. I had the "special" Kitfo, and it was delicious. Tender and spicy with just the right "kick" to it. Portions were very generous as well. The Injera had the proper sour quality too. Very nice atmosphere, although I would have liked it if they had the "Mesob" tables like some of the other places I've eaten. But definitely for the quality and the price, if you are a fan of the cuisine, it's worth a stop.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

This was my first time with Ethiopian food and it was good. The meal is well prepared and portion sizes are very nice.

Ambiance is quiet and calm, service was also prompt. I didn't have anything to complain. They also have a bat menu but I did not try that.

Should visit if you want to try an alternative global cuisine.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Sought it out because it has vegetarian food, injera bread, linen tablecloths and a relaxed atmosphere. Was pleased to find blackberry mead as a drink option. Asked for a vegetarian sampler plate and got enough food that it would have lasted three days if I had a hotel refrigerator. I would go again and again if I was local. Affordable too!

1  Thank Anjala E
Reviewed 5 June 2015

We enjoyed the vegetarian meal. The food is tasty, slightly spicy and gives a variety of options to vegetarians. Its a small restaurant and the single handed service was efficient. The blaring TV was a nuisance, but if ignored and only food enjoyed its a good eatery. The meal needs to be ordered one per person as a rule which is rather inconvenient as we may not be ale to eat the entire portion of the quantity ordered. Its a good place to get a taste of Ethiopian food which was our first time.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We ordered the meat sambusa appetizer and it was very tasty. The restaurant filled up quickly so I recommend arriving early. Taking the waitresses advice, we ordered the meat combo for two. The entire meal was 8 shades of brown so I do wish there was some more "color" but after all, it was a carnivore's delight. Overall we will surely return!

1  Thank LUOPX