All reviews columbus park canal street freedom tower little italy free breakfast new york breakfast is served parking garage modern bathroom small hotel lower manhattan world trade battery park restaurants and shops beds were very comfortable small refrigerator around the corner
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews of some Ny Hotels and how small the rooms are I was surprised and delighted on my first trip to New York to find our room in Hotel Mulberry nice and roomy with a spacious bathroom. Everything we needed in the room from tea/coffee to iron and safe. Bed very comfy. Breakfast was three doors down in a great cafe with friendly atmosphere. The park across the road from the hotel had morning tai chi and impromptu Chinese music sessions in the evening. Great vibe.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz O
Reviewed 23 May 2018

A very welcoming hotel in an ideal location.
Room was clean with a great view of Columbus Park.
The staff were efficient and helpful including the facility to store bags during the day.
The breakfast deal was just right.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the park was great, direct view of the World Trade Center
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bcb2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

This is a really nice hotel. Very friendly staff who went out of their way to help and to chat. Breakfast is at a nice little café down the road (it's a set menu that is complimentary but you can buy extra things too). Our city view of skyscrapers was superb (10th floor). Mulberry Street is also really interesting. The only things that would improve this hotel high-class would be some hooks for coats in the room, and using proper glasses and cups rather than plastic. Also the air conditioning doesn't really switch off which is weird.

Room Tip: city view as high up as possible
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iona M
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The hotel was adequate and clean with super comfy beds. Although perhaps in need of some refurbishment. Also is misleading to say that this is B&B - as they only provide for 2 people in each room. Luckily we spotted this before we arrived and it was resolved in time for our trip. Staff in general were lovely with the exception of the manager Eddie.

This hotel was paid for in full several months before we arrived. When we arrived we were asked to show the credit card that we used to pay which was in my name. However I hadnt brought it. However we did provide them with my passport to prove who I was and left another cards details for incidentals etc. I felt the request was completely unnecessary and a rediculous policy much like the 2 person max B&B rule.
Then one evening they locked us out of our room until we provided those card details. As we couldnt provide as late at night and the time difference back home we said we would provide in the morning but not without us having to give yet another credit card to process another full payment. The manager Eddie was so rude and was screaming at us. And I still do not understand why... he had his payment in full in January (our trip was in May). The following morning I provided the details via a picture of the credit card and the other card was refunded.
However the whole experience left a very sour end to what would have been a lovely short city break. His behaviour was totally unacceptable and at times very aggressive. How can someone lock you out of your room until you pay twice in full for a hotel room is beyond rediculous! Will never go back and will make sure I tell as many people as possible about my horrible experience!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

What a great find! We were there to attend a 3 day class near the federal buildings. This was the closest hotel. It offered free breakfast, which can be hard to find in NYC. I was VERY PLEASED with this choice! It’s a sweet boutique hotel, there were only about 5-6 rooms in our floor. The door opened to a little hall, then we entered a larger than normal sized hotel room that overlooked a park. The beds were very comfortable and high quality. The staff was very outstanding and helpful! I appreciated all the advice they gave us. The morning breakfast is a couple doors down at Mamas, where there was about 6 breakfast meal options that were each hot and filling. It is on the edge of Chinatown and t was easy to find good food, (10 Below—Thai rolled ice cream!!) plus Little Italy is about two blocks away. We were able to walk to the river on both sides of Manhattan and one day I walked across the Brooklyn bridge and explored a cool shopping/eating area called Dumbo. We were lucky we found Hotel Mulberry! We felt safe, comfortable and well taken care of!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business