All reviews columbus park canal street freedom tower little italy free breakfast heart of china town new york breakfast is served parking garage every morning short walk lower manhattan battery park small hotel world trade beds were very comfortable restaurants and shops
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The hotel was adequate and clean with super comfy beds. Although perhaps in need of some refurbishment. Also is misleading to say that this is B&B - as they only provide for 2 people in each room. Luckily we spotted this before we arrived and it was resolved in time for our trip. Staff in general were lovely with the exception of the manager Eddie.

This hotel was paid for in full several months before we arrived. When we arrived we were asked to show the credit card that we used to pay which was in my name. However I hadnt brought it. However we did provide them with my passport to prove who I was and left another cards details for incidentals etc. I felt the request was completely unnecessary and a rediculous policy much like the 2 person max B&B rule.
Then one evening they locked us out of our room until we provided those card details. As we couldnt provide as late at night and the time difference back home we said we would provide in the morning but not without us having to give yet another credit card to process another full payment. The manager Eddie was so rude and was screaming at us. And I still do not understand why... he had his payment in full in January (our trip was in May). The following morning I provided the details via a picture of the credit card and the other card was refunded.
However the whole experience left a very sour end to what would have been a lovely short city break. His behaviour was totally unacceptable and at times very aggressive. How can someone lock you out of your room until you pay twice in full for a hotel room is beyond rediculous! Will never go back and will make sure I tell as many people as possible about my horrible experience!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

What a great find! We were there to attend a 3 day class near the federal buildings. This was the closest hotel. It offered free breakfast, which can be hard to find in NYC. I was VERY PLEASED with this choice! It’s a sweet boutique hotel, there were only about 5-6 rooms in our floor. The door opened to a little hall, then we entered a larger than normal sized hotel room that overlooked a park. The beds were very comfortable and high quality. The staff was very outstanding and helpful! I appreciated all the advice they gave us. The morning breakfast is a couple doors down at Mamas, where there was about 6 breakfast meal options that were each hot and filling. It is on the edge of Chinatown and t was easy to find good food, (10 Below—Thai rolled ice cream!!) plus Little Italy is about two blocks away. We were able to walk to the river on both sides of Manhattan and one day I walked across the Brooklyn bridge and explored a cool shopping/eating area called Dumbo. We were lucky we found Hotel Mulberry! We felt safe, comfortable and well taken care of!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank knhanne
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

A fantastic hotel situated in China town, rooms exceptionally clean, staff fantastic, a bit of a trek on the Subway to midtown etc but not really an issue.

The area is an eye opener, the Chinese community are all around you and lots of shops to visit if you love the Chinese way of life

Would certainly come back here

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank craigmitch
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My family and stayed at the hotel
Mulberry. The staff were very nice. The beds extremely comfortable. The hotel was clean. The location is pretty good for the price, as there are several subways close by. We did not love the breakfast but it is a hot breakfast, so that is good.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rhondaleanne
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel was okay, clean could hear the people in the next room over in their bathroom, but we weren’t in the room much so it wasn’t a huge deal. It was in Chinatown which we were not aware of when booking so parking is somewhat hard.
Room was clean, beds were sleepable.
The problem we had was that we booked 4 adults and on the reservation it said complimentary breakfast for 2, quantity 4.
So we assumed that meant breakfast for all 4.
But was informed that it was only 2, and when we showed the reservation just got the run around.
Then to top it off the breakfast for Sunday is at a Chinese place a couple fronts down...and it wasn’t great, actually it was kinda like cardboard.

Date of stay: March 2018