All reviews columbus park canal street freedom tower free breakfast little italy mama's cafe new york breakfast is served parking garage modern bathroom lower manhattan small hotel battery park world trade beds were very comfortable small refrigerator minute walk
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We stayed at the Hotel Mulberry the weekend of the 2017 NYC Marathon. Everything was fine until four hours after we checked out on November 7th. Then we got a phone call from a Steven who said he was the manager and who claimed he was missing an ice bucket and threatened to charge us for it. He harangued us on our car phone for nearly 30 minutes and made our four night experience into a nightmare. He threatened to charge us for the missing ice bucket and said it was in "our contract." I don't need an ice bucket and would never take anything from a hotel room and have no need. Very upsetting and still waiting to see if they dare add it to my hotel invoice.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank a644
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Rooms clean and tidy nothing special. Staff polite and helpful. Breakfast was from a cafe four doors down which isn't a problem except food was very disappointing so chose not to use it every day. Little Italy is close by with some lovely restaurants. Chinatown is bustling throughout out the day but the walk to hotel at night is dark and you may feel vunerable. Lovely walk to close by attractions including Brooklyn bridge, 9/11 memorial and world trade centre.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RuthDevenish
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stayed three nights. Clean place, polite staff, fast elevator, loved two free bottles of water for first night. Would have appreciated more than one bar of soap, and they did not have access to toothpaste, which I’d forgotten.
I’m not a big traveler, so I was surprised to have to keep the room key in a wall slot in order to keep electricity on. Maybe that’s a common feature—I’d never seen it before.
Clean bathroom, bed was nice, but stains on spread gave bad impression (didn't feel dirty, just off-putting). Handy refrigerator for all the goodies in the neighborhood.
Eleventh floor King room, very quiet all night, though tried to take a nap on Friday afternoon btween 1 and 3 pm and there was a CONSTANT stream of slamming and banging doors—don’t know if it was other guests or housekeeping.
During daylight hours, neighborhood feels safe, bustling, like every other street in Chinatown. After dark, nearest buildings are shut and dark, which can make a single woman feel a bit uneasy walking in and out.
Several block walk to subway and bus, which, as I said, is not an issue during the day. My personal choice was to Lyft at night door-to-door.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ma F
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the presidents cup golf tournament. They advertise free American breakfast - fine print " except on Sunday " which is off course when we were there ! They throw a few muffins together on Sundays. Yes it is in Chinatown which is dry " sketchy" and dirty. You could literally not " swing a cat" in our room. If I was not so slim I could not of shimmied my way into bed!
Fund somewhere else!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank valerie m
Reviewed 2 October 2017

It's located on a surprisingly quiet part of Mulberry Street. It's around the corner from Wo Hop and down the street from Little Italy. It's close to the subway and near the Freedom Tower. My room on the 11th floor had a great view of Lower Manhattan. The room was larger than most of the rooms in the area and was clean and modern. Breakfast is included at a cafe 4 doors down but I didn't bother as I preferred taking a nice walk down to Russ & Daughters. This hotel is a nice find.

Room Tip: Higher floors have impressive views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends