All reviews columbus park canal street freedom tower little italy free breakfast heart of china town new york every morning short walk lower manhattan battery park small hotel world trade beds were very comfortable restaurants and shops quiet at night around the corner
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the presidents cup golf tournament. They advertise free American breakfast - fine print " except on Sunday " which is off course when we were there ! They throw a few muffins together on Sundays. Yes it is in Chinatown which is dry " sketchy" and dirty. You could literally not " swing a cat" in our room. If I was not so slim I could not of shimmied my way into bed!
Fund somewhere else!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank valerie m
Reviewed 2 October 2017

It's located on a surprisingly quiet part of Mulberry Street. It's around the corner from Wo Hop and down the street from Little Italy. It's close to the subway and near the Freedom Tower. My room on the 11th floor had a great view of Lower Manhattan. The room was larger than most of the rooms in the area and was clean and modern. Breakfast is included at a cafe 4 doors down but I didn't bother as I preferred taking a nice walk down to Russ & Daughters. This hotel is a nice find.

Room tip: Higher floors have impressive views
Reviewed 2 October 2017

From the outside, this hotel in Chinatown doesn't look like much. In fact, you might miss it if you weren't looking for it. As soon as you walk in, though, you can tell it's well-kept. The lobby is small, but the staff are friendly. We arrived very early (10AM), and they carted our bags away to be kept until our later check-in. When we returned, they delivered them to our room.

The room was perfect! The beds had thick, comfortable mattresses, not hard like most hotels. The duvets were also thick and cozy. Temperature controls are in the room. I was pleasantly surprised to find a minibar fridge in the hutch under the TV, perfect for keeping leftovers or chilling water. There was a desk and a small seating area with two large chairs and a small coffee table, as well as three night tables, on either side of the beds, with sockets close by. It seemed like it was a generous size for a Manhattan hotel room, certainly about what I would expect of any other city. The carpet was not at all worn. The décor was not remarkable, which is really neither here nor there. There was a generous closet with shelves and many drawers available for storage.

The bathroom looked to be nicely updated. It had a pocket door, which was a great design for the space. Nothing looked grungy, and I didn't feel gross getting in the shower/bathtub.

The walls were on the thin side; we could here another couple or family arguing at one point. Columbus Park across the street adds nice greenery, but I found it noisy after a day or two during the morning and early evenings. On the other hand, the area is very quiet at night, which we felt was a plus in NYC.

The full breakfast at the restaurant nearby was one of the nicest breakfasts I've ever had included in a hotel booking! A super nice surprise. On Sunday, they serve a continental breakfast in the lobby (I'm assuming because the restaurant is closed). It was plentiful on breads, but I would have liked to have seen some more fruit and/or veggies.

1  Thank Canadian_Gooses
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We were here to tour downtown NYC, particularly the WTC museum and memorial. It is interesting to stay i Chinatown, although they post it as Little Italy, which really has become so little. Our room faced Columbus Park and in the morning I could hear the seniors singing kerioki, which was charming. This is a lovely park to walk through. We were close to a lot of the NYC government buildings. I did not want to stay midtown and not in Times Square. .We had to walk 4 doors down in the morning for breakfast, there is no restaurant in the hotel. I really didn't mind that. I did mind at the end of our breakfast a rude waitress rushed us out of our seats because she had a line. Not nice.

Room tip: Try to fa e Columbus Park
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel is in the heart of Chinatown near the border with Little Italy and within an easy walk of several subway lines on Canal Street. Our 10th-floor room was spacious, clean and updated. It had a modern bathroom, a small fridge, a large bed (king?) and best of all a fantastic view of the Freedom Tower and other buildings of the Lower Manhattan skyline. The room was quiet (there's a park in front of the hotel). It took a bit of fiddling to get the AC/heating system to do what we wanted, but in the end it worked just fine. The only downside to the room (it's a small one) was the lack of an easy chair, though there was a desk. Breakfast and wifi were included in the room. The wifi was fast enough. Breakfast is served in a small restaurant a few doors away. Limited selection but perfectly adequate. On Sundays that small restaurant is closed and there is a limited breakfast buffet selection in the lobby. We'd go back, and we have no reservations about recommending this place to friends.

Room tip: The rooms facing the park have fantastic views, especially higher up.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple