All reviews columbus park canal street freedom tower little italy free breakfast heart of china town new york breakfast is served every morning short walk lower manhattan battery park small hotel world trade beds were very comfortable restaurants and shops quiet at night
Reviewed 2 October 2017

From the outside, this hotel in Chinatown doesn't look like much. In fact, you might miss it if you weren't looking for it. As soon as you walk in, though, you can tell it's well-kept. The lobby is small, but the staff are friendly. We arrived very early (10AM), and they carted our bags away to be kept until our later check-in. When we returned, they delivered them to our room.

The room was perfect! The beds had thick, comfortable mattresses, not hard like most hotels. The duvets were also thick and cozy. Temperature controls are in the room. I was pleasantly surprised to find a minibar fridge in the hutch under the TV, perfect for keeping leftovers or chilling water. There was a desk and a small seating area with two large chairs and a small coffee table, as well as three night tables, on either side of the beds, with sockets close by. It seemed like it was a generous size for a Manhattan hotel room, certainly about what I would expect of any other city. The carpet was not at all worn. The décor was not remarkable, which is really neither here nor there. There was a generous closet with shelves and many drawers available for storage.

The bathroom looked to be nicely updated. It had a pocket door, which was a great design for the space. Nothing looked grungy, and I didn't feel gross getting in the shower/bathtub.

The walls were on the thin side; we could here another couple or family arguing at one point. Columbus Park across the street adds nice greenery, but I found it noisy after a day or two during the morning and early evenings. On the other hand, the area is very quiet at night, which we felt was a plus in NYC.

The full breakfast at the restaurant nearby was one of the nicest breakfasts I've ever had included in a hotel booking! A super nice surprise. On Sunday, they serve a continental breakfast in the lobby (I'm assuming because the restaurant is closed). It was plentiful on breads, but I would have liked to have seen some more fruit and/or veggies.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Canadian_Gooses
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We were here to tour downtown NYC, particularly the WTC museum and memorial. It is interesting to stay i Chinatown, although they post it as Little Italy, which really has become so little. Our room faced Columbus Park and in the morning I could hear the seniors singing kerioki, which was charming. This is a lovely park to walk through. We were close to a lot of the NYC government buildings. I did not want to stay midtown and not in Times Square. .We had to walk 4 doors down in the morning for breakfast, there is no restaurant in the hotel. I really didn't mind that. I did mind at the end of our breakfast a rude waitress rushed us out of our seats because she had a line. Not nice.

Room tip: Try to fa e Columbus Park
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel is in the heart of Chinatown near the border with Little Italy and within an easy walk of several subway lines on Canal Street. Our 10th-floor room was spacious, clean and updated. It had a modern bathroom, a small fridge, a large bed (king?) and best of all a fantastic view of the Freedom Tower and other buildings of the Lower Manhattan skyline. The room was quiet (there's a park in front of the hotel). It took a bit of fiddling to get the AC/heating system to do what we wanted, but in the end it worked just fine. The only downside to the room (it's a small one) was the lack of an easy chair, though there was a desk. Breakfast and wifi were included in the room. The wifi was fast enough. Breakfast is served in a small restaurant a few doors away. Limited selection but perfectly adequate. On Sundays that small restaurant is closed and there is a limited breakfast buffet selection in the lobby. We'd go back, and we have no reservations about recommending this place to friends.

Room tip: The rooms facing the park have fantastic views, especially higher up.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank danieldD3142KK
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I stayed here in January and had a GREAT experience. Staff is very nice and keeps both the lobby and the rooms very clean. The rooms are quite small, but what do you need room for? If I had wanted to do some exercises, there would have been enough room. The beds were large and comfy, the bathroom amenities were of a great brand, and towels were fluffy. One of the best parts was that breakfast was included from the restaurant next door and it was GOOD. The hotel was quiet- didn't hear other people in the hotel or outside on the street. The hotel is sort of hidden in that it is not right in the open, which is kind of nice. I really liked that it is in Chinatown. It was so fun looking at all the stores, plus Chinatown is so close to everything I want to spend my time on- shopping, etc. It was easy to walk from here to other places, even in the winter. Plus, you can't beat the price in this city! Don't hesitate- book now :)

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This hotel is located right opposite Colombus Park, so you get to watch and listen to the all-day experience of Chinatown. From the moment the sun comes up, there are people practicing tai-chi and playing basketball and this changes into board and card games from mid-morning to night, with the musicians and singers starting around lunchtime. The atmospheric streets of Chinatown are all around you. The hotel is nice, clean and comfortable. The shower was powerful and the bed was very springy. The room was massive for New York. The staff were super friendly and helpful and very apologetic when the elevator broke down for the evening. The breakfast was included and consisted of a nice meal at a restaurant a few doors down the street; choice of eggs, pancakes, waffles, porridge, etc. All very good for a great price.

Room tip: Higher floors with a city view give you a look over the park
Date of stay: August 2017