“Awesome Safari in the rain”

New York City Photo Safari
Iconic New York Photography Tour
Ranked #19 of 605 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur skill levels.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Safari in the rain”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

It probably could have been the worst rainy day this entire spring, but it didn't stop Zim from giving us a terrific experience. Sheltered under the NYC Municipal Building, she shared her expertise and helped our small group become better photographers. In addition to lighting techniques and use of the camera, she showed composition techniques and worked with each of us individually until we understood what she was teaching and got our best shot. Once the storm let up, she walked us down to St Pauls and then the Custom House, where we continued working on composition with her gentle advice. She's not only extremely talented and knowledgable, she's funny and makes everything seem simple and easy. I'd take another Safari any day, rain or shine

1 Thank lflrosen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Awesome I learned soooooo much!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The night shooting class was super informative. I had a blast with our instructor Zim, she is extremely knowledgable and made everything simple and easy to understand! I can't wait to take more classes when i'm back in the city.

Visited April 2012
Offenbach
“simply awesome!”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

on my recent trip to NY I booked a after dark tour with NYC Photo Safari. Our instructor was Zim. She taught us not only a lot of technical stuff, but she also helped us to use these techniques to create better pictures.
I have learned a lot from this course and I regret not being able to take more classes with NYC Photo Safari.
Next time I am in NY I will take again a tour with NYC Photo Safari.

Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and Informative”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

On a recent trip to the city, my daughter and I took a custom Photo Safari class in Madison Square Park. We wanted to focus on taking better shots, both portrait and scenery. Our instructor was Zim. She was extremely knowledgeable, informative and also funny and entertaining. She is able to instruct and advise while putting a personal "spin" into her teaching.

She taught us a lot about composition and perspective. Besides having in depth knowledge of photography, she is also an expert on digital cameras and she was able to teach us things we didn't know our cameras could do.

We learned so much and lots of fun. I would highly recommend Photo Safari and Zim.

1 Thank Debbie S
udhailiyah
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“just do it”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I visited NYC from abroad and went on the NYC after dark photo safari, museum inside out photo safari and also the High line park safari. My instructor was Zim and I have the highest regard for her skill, and teaching expertise. She has a great sense of humor and the tours are both fun and a great way to learn. Don't think about this, book it.