“Great even for those with 'little cameras'”

New York City Photo Safari
Iconic New York Photography Tour
Ranked #18 of 604 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur skill levels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Newark, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great even for those with 'little cameras'”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

As a complete novice, I showed up with my "little camera" (a very simple Canon Elf digital camera), and was at first intimidated by the high-tech equipment some of my classmates came with. But, with Zim's expert instruction, I soon learned that I could do so much with my "little" camera. I loved learning how to visualize and set up a shot. It was like learning to see the world in a whole new way! This photo safari was a great bargain for how much personalized instruction with a world class artist that I got. I highly recommend this for all, "big" or "small" cameras alike!

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
Frankfurt, Germany
“excellent knowlede an a lot of fun”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

started the NYC photo safari "Madison Square Park" in a small class and Zim as a knowledged teacher. she gives very good feedback of your taken pictures and is very flexible in what she is doing. i learned a lot about my camera, the lenses and the technology behind.

and after this tour i'll allways remember... rule number one: don't shoot the squirrels :)

San Francisco, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great photography class with a good $ value! Can't wait to take another one!”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This class was excellent. Spent about 2 1/2 hrs at the Metropolitan Museum in NY learnig to use light with digital cameras. Great instructor and very helpful.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I totally recommend Photo Safari! Zim is a great teacher!”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Me and my friends decided to visit Central Park in a very different way: through a photography course, or, more specifically, a photo safari. It took a morning, but, not only we walking along many beautiful places in the Park, but also we learned a lot about photo shooting. In a few ours, Zim, our instructor, tought many ways of taking pictures and really capturing the moment. I loved it and highly recommend this course!

Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Informative, educational and fun!”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I went on a NYC Photo Safari with Zim, and we did the Museum Inside Out: The Met. They keep the groups small, so there is a great deal of interaction with the instructor, and a lot of 1 on 1 is possible too. Zim was great; very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and a great teacher. I learned a lot, and I will be able to apply my new knowledge to my future photos. I want to take another class!!