“Wonderfully unexpected!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

I was dragged here by a friend during my last visit, and having only recently returned to eating meat after a year of vegetarianism, I was reluctant to pull up a chair to a plate of meatballs. Well, I wouldn't be able to return to the non meat-eating world now knowing meatballs this good existed in the world. I was blown away. This unassuming, rather small shop was a total surprise. Reasonably priced, surprising combinations like pesto meatballs, quick service and an overall wonderful experience. It will be the first place I go on my next trip to NYC!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Meatball Shop

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Went to the Meatball shop in Brooklyn on a tour and it was awesome!!! Meatball subs will never be the same in my eyes.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Excellent food - extremely fresh, flavorful and lots of options. Waitress was very patient and explained it all as there are different meatballs and sauces. Had the spicy pork with classic tomato sauce and a daily greens salad I wished every restaurant had. Loved the atmosphere of the place (64 Greenwich Ave). Had the ice cream cookie dessert - next time we'll share one as we were stuffed.

1  Thank NorthHero
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The Meatball Shop is a great concept and a fantastic experience from start to finish. You get to customise your dish completely and everything we tried was delicious. One warning though - make sure you are prepared to wait as they don't take bookings (they don't have to!) and so the wait can sometimes be 1.5 hours. Definitely worth the wait though - YUM!

1  Thank Lauren_W27
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We didn't eat dinner here but came for dessert.... Omg so good!! Pick your biscuit and then pick your icecream - wow! I'll e back ;)