6,424 results
All reviews times square sky view room ambassador member shake shack new york corner room subway station rain shower higher floor mini bar hudson river late check hell's kitchen excellent location an upgrade the theater district around the corner
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Location is great, breakfast is varied and good. Beds are confortable and housekeeping did his job properly. But that’s it!
Rooms are very old, bathroom needs serious renovation with various broken things. Shower curtain literally disgusting with stains all over, carpet on the floor also dirty.
Personnel not very nice (except at breakfast), the doorman pushing hard for you to take private shuttle rather than yellow cab (I guess he gets a commission).
Certainly not what you expect for this chain of hotel and for the price you pay!

1  Thank Nizou N
Francesca A, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello Nizou N,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the InterContinental Hotels New York Times Square! We are very thankful for your valuable feedback. We regret to hear of the flaws. If possible, it'd be great to reach out to you directly to get even more specific details regarding your stay and better follow up on a more personal level.

Let us know at below email how we can directly reach out.

ictsqexecoffice@ihg.com

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Despite my booking being made in Sept 2017, we turned up to find our room was not available. We had to move to another room for the night then re-pack to go back to our original room the next morning. Not a great start - especially when we checked in after midnight after travelling the whole day from the UK. The booking was made for 3 adults but only two robes/ slippers were provided in the first room and only ONE robe in the room we had to move to after the first night! Disappointing for a 5-star hotel!
Be aware your room may not be available when you check in!
$300 was also debited from my account with no explanation from the check in desk staff. This was the card I used to book the room on booking.com but the debut in my online banking was from 'IHG New York US' (InterContinental Hotels Group). I can only assume that this was down to our late check in and the hotel took a fee for an apparent 'no show' as it was after midnight. I hope this is refunded asap as I paid the balance in full at check out using cash.
The extra large double beds (in our first room) are as comfortable a bed I've ever lay on. However, the double bed (in our new room) seemed smaller than a UK double bed and it was clear these were mainly used for one person due to the dip in the middle of the bed. Not as comfortable if you need to share!

The staff were excellent - polite, friendly, helpful, always willing to assist. Rooms were spotless, cleaned daily and towels replaced daily. The rainfall shower was a highlight!
The location is 10/10 with a subway station next door which takes you to most places. The hotel is stunning but I've knocked two stars off for the following reasons;

The mix up with the rooms at check in - along with the robes/slippers issue - despite the booking being made in Sept 2017 was disappointing and annoying after a long day of travelling! Having to re-pack to move rooms also wasn't something we enjoyed. We did get complimentary wifi!
The other issue with the unexpected $300 debit to my bank account will need to be investigated if not refunded asap.
I would not stay here again due to the issue with the room. Be careful with your booking!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your stay taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read some of our services did not live up to your expectations. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. Please email me directly at ictsqexecoffice@ihg.com to speak privately.

We value you a our guest and looking forward to your response.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018

IHG should be ashamed of itself. I'll stick to the facts:

1. Booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children for 4 nights. Should have been $1,858.25.

2. The room I booked was "2 Double Beds Superior Room. Rate Type: YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club BONUS POINTS + breakfast: 1,000 Points & breakfast daily"

3. The screenshot of the rate description is attached as a photo on this review. This is from the IHG website from which I completed the booking and explains about the room. Note the reference to breakfast.

4. On arrival, they debited over $2,100 from my credit card, and said it was an "authorisation" (not a debit). It was supposed to be for any additional "incidentals" This was a lie, it was indeed a debit.

5. On check out, i was presented with a bill for $2,232.81, not $1,858.25. When I questioned it, I was told this was for breakfast! They further told me that breakfast was only included for 2 people. This is NOT explained or shown on the room rate description on the website. We did actually CHECK with the breakfast co-ordinator that breakfast was INCLUDED when we came down for the first breakfast and we were assured that it was. BTW, $46.82 each for children on 12 and 14 years old is absurd by any standard, since they only had cereal and fruit.

6. The money was debited from my credit card without my authorisation.

I am currently speaking with American Express about obtaining a refund for this mess, since the moron of a manager was incapable of clear and lucid thought. The 'GM' who was standing outside did actually listen, went into the hotel while we waited outside with promise to resolve the situation, but never returned. The polite and efficient doorman was the hotel's only saving grace.

This is CRIMINAL.

The hotel is also tired and filthy. The carpets look like they should have been replaced 10 years ago. Walking barefoot in the room was not a good idea as the carpet was a little sticky. The bathroom was designed by a Wookie, and the staff seemed incapable of understanding that 4 people need 4 bath towels, so we had to remind them each day.

The filthiness is shown in the other pictures. Dust and filth everywhere. It's never been cleaned properly.

The bar staff are also hopelessly slow and useless. Their speed is only slightly faster than continental drift, and therefore may only be measured in geological terms.

I have removed IHG completely from my company's worldwide policy of permitted hotels.

Shame on you. You nasty, horrible, cheating crooks.

A birthday trip to NYC soured by the experience of dealing with such people.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
11  Thank Suki B

Hello Suki B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the InterContinental NY Times Square and for sharing your feedback. My sincere apologies for the service challenges you have described that took place during your visit. We take this extremely seriously and are going back to the various teams involved to assess where the breakdowns could have been and to make improvements.Thank you again.

ictsqexecoffice@ihg.com

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I am currently staying at The Intercontinental, which is a great location. I booked 2 delux King rooms and asked for them to be on the same floor. On arrival they gave us one on the 17th and one on the 12th. They said they would move us on the 12th floor to the 17th the next day. We didn't unpack and gave them our 12th floor room back the next morning. On our return in the afternoon and after several promises to be moved to the 17th floor where our son was they didn't have a room. Instead they could move us both to the 15th. If they weren't going to have the extra room on the 17th floor, why say so. Total inconvience and very unhelpful. When I booked 2 rooms for 2 adults and a child 6 months ago and 3 months ago again requested to be on the same floor, could they not manage that with 600 rooms available.

Room tip: If I hard a choice, choose a high room as very noicy
Trip type: Travelled with family
Francesca A, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello rowena100,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel. Please do accept my deepest apologies on behalf of the team h for the disappointing room allocation. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain additional information regarding your concerns.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was our first visit to New York and it was for our daughters wedding. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel which was perfectly situated close to Times Square. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and our room was a good size, very clean with a very comfortable bed.Should we return to New York we would stay here again.

Room tip: We were on the 29th floor and I would recommend the higher floors for the views.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank jlit48
justinrags, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review with our team! We're proud to learn that you had such an excellent experience under our care. It'd be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future!