“Completely exceeded expectations!”

Private New York City Walking Tour
Ranked #155 of 633 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: What sets our New York tours apart? We offer our guests a combination walking/subway riding New York City tour. We'll cover a lot of ground, and experience the city in an intimate, unique way.
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I were on our first trip to New York City. My husband was very skeptical of this excursion...that 5 hours would be too long. Booking through Fred both through telephone messages and then confirmation through email, was a very simple process. Onel, our tour guide, was absolutely fantastic. He was extremely informative, had a great sense of humour and really tried to take into consideration his audience. We got to see so much of NYC, and LEARN so much about different things, that we never would have if exploring on our own. Additionally, it was made very clear that we would be leaving at 10 am SHARP, so to be sure that we arrive a few minutes before. We waited until 10:01 for a lady in the group, and she was very lucky that she showed up when she did, as we were instructed to leave in 1 more minute. I completely respect that and appreciate that our time is also valuable and that we weren't going to sit there and wait for someone who couldn't be there on time. We cannot recommend this tour enough.

Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

I am so glad we converted the skeptic, I love to hear that. A lot of thought went into the duration of the tour. On one hand we want tio show you everything, but on the other we realize it's impossible, but in five hours you do see a lot, especially with a guide like Onel who brings so much to the table.

I appreciate you understanding why we leave on time, we are in a constant battle with the negative reviewers who miss the tour and then excoriate us for leaving on time. I know we're doing the right thing. I'll continue to send the tours out at 10 AM on the button.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I go to NYC a few times a year, but recently brought three couples who had never been. This tour was ideal. You are driven from sight to sight with your personal tour guide. The tour is a combination of walking and driving. It would take you all day and a lot of hassle to cover what they do in 5 hours. Our tour guide was Onell and he has a true passion for being a New Yorker. The stories are endless, but in a charming, welcoming way. We left the tour at the 9/11 Memorial and walked to the South Seaport and caught a boat tour to Statue of Liberty.
I highly recommend this tour.

Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Yes, it's so important that stories be told, but that the tour remain focused on you, our guests. Onel, as well as Lance, Jimmy, and Fred are native NY'ers with a great love of their work as TG's.

I am so glad you enjoyed our tour, we squeeze a lot into five hours. We're thinking of creating a tour that lasts a week - then we could really get into it.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Full day filled with wonderful sites and useful information. Although we live in NY we took out of town guests on this tour. A much easier way of showing visitors the city. While they were seeing the sites for the first time, our guide, Onel, gave us some information about the city that we never knew. Our guests enjoyed the full day outing and we were never bored. Highly recommended.

1  Thank sspie
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

The fun is contagious, from Onel, he's always a happy guy (As long as his Yankees are in 1st place) to most of our small groups. It is a great way to show an out-of-town guest the city and learn something yourself. As guides the city is our muse and passion, there is endless knowledge to be gleaned every day. We love sharing it.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and two daughters (16 & 18) went on this tour May 30th and it was our favorite day of our week-long trip to New York. Our guide, Lance, was informative , animated and interesting.
The air-conditioned bus was comfortable and provided a great window view of the city. This well-designed tour provided the perfect amount of walking and getting up close and personal with iconic New York sites. We were all disappointed to leave after our 5 hours! I would strongly recommend this to anyone who wants an "inside" view of New York with knowledgable and friendly staff.

Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

It's funny, but after five hours together, we do bond. I see people exchanging email addresses and hugging each other good-bye.

There is nothing like a shared experience to bring people together. It's part of this job that is endlessly rewarding.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

This tour was the best I have ever taken. The guide was outstanding.

Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Outstanding guide, great tour - That's our goal, to provide you with a wonderful day in Manhattan. I'm glad we did.