“Great food and excellent service at a very fair price!”

Dafni Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Dafni Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,164 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: Times Square NQRW, 123, S, close to Port Authority ACE.
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Food was excellent and the service was even better! Very reasonable prices for the Times Square/Theatre District.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husband and I ate here during our visit to New York. I am a big fan of Greek food ever since my sister married a gentleman of Greek Orthodox descent and learned how to cook traditional Greek food from her mother in law. The food was wonderful. The service was wonderful. Prices reasonable. I have not enjoyed Greek food this much since the last time I was invited to "Greek Easter" at my brother in laws family's home.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

This restaurant seems to be hidden amongst some that I would not have walked into.... We had a look at the menu and while peering at that could see through the window that the atmosphere looked relaxing, clean and inviting.

We were greeted at the door by several staff and seated right away in this very busy restaurant. After ordering pikilia (an arrangement of dips and bread) as an appetizer, we settled in. We ordered some of the usual suspects- Greek salad and Souvlaki which arrived promptly. The waiter had suggested that I make a switch to a more "traditional" Greek salad and I was very happy that he did. It arrived with huge pieces of fresh feta, and all of the fixings except this version was heavy on the cukes, olives and tomatoes (onions and yellow pepper +feta) with no lettuce... perfect! The Souvlaki was equally delicious! We were very happy with our meal.

Price was amazing -dinner for 40 bucks.... Can't beat that!

Don't be shied away by the surroundings- this is a great restaurant!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Was skeptical of eating so close to Times Square and ended up making a great choice. We ordered apps (Gigantes, Saganaki, Cheese Spread, Octopus, Spanakopita, etc). Ingredients were fresh and they did not try to overdo the cooking. Nice simple, high-quality, authentic Greek food. Had a nice long relaxing lunch. Wait staff was great. Judging by the constant delivery action, must be plenty of businesses in the area that feel the same.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

great food. nice ambience. service not bad, not great... just average