“Terrific staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Tucson, Arizona
“Terrific staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Excellent location in Midtown. Updated, clean rooms and amenities. The rate was a great value.
The staff and service put the whole experience over the top.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louis S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Hebrew first
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

First time at this hotel in May 2012. I am always on the lookout for good hotels in NYC as a solo female business traveller. I like staying mid-town near shopping and Central Park. I got a very good rate a this hotel - about $230. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Though small it is well appointed. I was upgraded to a king room and it had a nice large bathroom with separate shower (important). I was given a coupon for a free drink at the bar and was pleased that they didn't tell me I could only order beer. Had a nice glass of wine and some food at the bar. It was small and fairly crowded but the bartender was pleasant and helpful. There was a small restaurant but I didn't eat there.

The hotel is on a street right off 5th Ave so it is a great spot for shopping. Central Park is walking distance.Starbucks at the end of the street.

I stayed only one night. No noise. Comfortable bed and pillows. No drama. Planning to stay there again on my next trip if its not too expensive.

The staff were nice and friendly. I left a package for a friend and they were nice about it. All in all a good experience

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Hollywood, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just got back from my annual summer trip to New York where I was happy to be staying at Chambers again for 7 days. The customer service is really top notch. I agree with the other poster who raved about Ty the doorguy. He really made my stay much more fun -- they always know your name at this hotel, which is nice. The manager, who you might note has answered every review written here kindly, included a nice note in my room on Friday night with local tips for a variety of things to do -- and not just the usual main tourist sites. It was a personal note about what was happening that weekend. I mean, if I had been into attending the Hare Krishna parade, well, I knew where to find it. I'm also partially disabled at the moment and they were accommodating without making a big, stupid deal out of it. I needed just a little help and they let me know that all I had to do was ask. When I spent one day sick in my room, Ty actually noticed and the housekeeping staff also seemed concerned, which was rather sweet. I was touched by the sincerity of the customer service here, just as I was last year.

This is a quiet, good-sized room in a great area -- I always have a hard time sleeping in other New York hotels. So if you're willing to give up the coffee maker and buffet breakfast for a really nice bowl of David Chang vietnamese soup and daily Lindt chocolates, this might be your place. The bathroom is very nice and I love their choice in bath products, but the place has a loft-type vibe that some people might not care for. I think it makes it feel more like you're staying with good friends in N.Y. Also, your room has an umbrella, a paper shopping bag, *shelves*, and a bathrobe just for the heck of it. The customer service here is really personal and their kindness seemed sincere -- they weren't just getting in your way for a tip.

I dream of staying in the suites they have in this hotel, which I sadly can't afford. I missed the sugary popcorn treat I got the year before, but it was another great stay with Chambers -- my home when I'm in N.Y. on business. If you travel for work and like to kinda feel like you have friends in town, I highly recommend Chambers. I wish I could take Ty home with me. Dear Mr. Manager, when I come back next year how about a surprise upgrade to the suite with the Japanese bathtub? Then I will be in heaven and never leave.

Room Tip: Um, if you can afford one of the suites, I haven't seen them, but I suspect they are awesome.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank EBookLover
Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayd at this hotel for 4 nights. Great location, great rooms, great service. Only minus is the breakfast - far too expensive. Forget it and go elsewhere...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I chose to stay at Chambers again for a short stay in NYC in May this year since I'd liked it so much the first time. I wasn't disappointed. Again, I had a clean, quiet and comfortable room (a standard Queen room at the back), I was concerned that the lift shaft ran through my room but this turned out not to be a problem at all (no noise). The bathroom and shower are great, the bed comfortable, in fact everything in the room was great. The staff were courteous and thoughtful as last time. And it is in an *amazing* location (Ben Stiller was filming round the corner while I was there and I saw him twice!). The only reason I don't give the hotel 5 stars is that it is a little pricey.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet night, ask for a room at the back, though the street is not too noisy anyway so...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo