All reviews bathroom mirror front desk madison square park shake shack boutique hotel higher floor lobby bar location is great greenwich village yogurt the empire state building tv jets eataly subway nyc curtains
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Few days here and the location is great, but the hotel is a little "old fasioned" but the rooms are ok, the staff are helpful and friendly.

The breakfeast could be better, but can work if only for a few days

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I booked a room at the Flatiron Hotel for one night in late Sept. 2017. I checked in around 9 pm with the intention of quickly showering then meeting friends for dinner and drinks. I returned around 1:30 am and attempted to enter my room, this is where one of the strangest, unprofessional hotel experiences I've ever had began. Getting to my room the key card seemed to not be working, after a few more tries, i began hearing voices coming from inside, I returned to the front desk where I was rudely informed that they had changed my room and somebody should have told me about it. I was given a new key and got to the room to find all of my possessions, which had been unpacked in my original room, dumped into my new room. The next day when i was checking out i mentioned how dissatisfied i was with my experience, the woman at the front desk did not seem to care whatsoever.

my physical experience at the hotel was only half the problem. About a week later i noticed a handful of odd charges that had gone through on my credit card from the flatiron hotel. I called the hotel and was very rudely told they had no record of charging my card. After calling back 2-3 more times a speaking to various employees who completely disputed my claim i finally spoke with someone who recognized my card had been charge. They gave me a refund for about 1/3 of the total charges they had put through.

I have stayed at may hotels as I've spent a considerable amount of time traveling for work and never in my life have i dealt with employees so blatantly disrespectful and rude to a customer. This has been by far the worst experience I've had at any hotel in my life.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Erik M
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I stayed for one night. Nice hotel and check in was friendly and easy.

The room was average sized for a modern NYC room.

The business center did not have a printer which made it more complicated than necessary.

The Wifi went out 2-3 times during my one night stay for 10 minutes to an hour so that was a drag.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2017

The decorating choices in the lobby were beyond me, but our room was charming. Even the hallway was beautiful--with curved ceilings and beautiful woodwork. Our double room was surprisingly large for NYC. I found the staff to be very helpful, and I loved the location--near Madison Square Park, Eataly, and a short walk to Greenwich Village. The High Line is also a relatively short distance away. The hotel even included a free breakfast, which made it even more economical.

Room Tip: I would pay extra for the window rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Our family loved the location but this hotel needs a lot of TLC. The staff was a mixed bag of super friendly people and lazy rude people.
I did not complain while I was there but for those of you who would like to stay I advise not staying in room 701. The room was old, banged up, the bathroom mirror and lighting was terrible and the lit mirror was broken. I imagine other rooms are in a similar state.
The bed didn't have a a fitted bottom sheet, just a small mattress pad with flat sheets, an uncovered duvet and more top sheets. The tub drained slowly. Our pillows were hard as rock but fortunately our daughters had better pillows in their room to use.
They need a window cleaner! you could barely see out the windows they were so dirty. and the rooftop bar they display in their gallery is not for your use it is only for private functions....very disappointing! The bar is more like a cafeteria. Their complimentary breakfast is ok. The free happy hour drink was nice but didn't make up for the lack of cleanliness.
Our daughters stayed in 702 the double queen corner room. it was definitely better and more spacious. For the price of this hotel i would look elsewhere but try and stay in this area. We loved the location..near eataly, near great restaurants, shopping and a park.

Room Tip: 7th floor corner room, 702 was spacious and quiet. away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family