All reviewsbathroom mirrorfront deskmadison square parknew yorkshake shackboutique hotelhigher floorlobby barlocation is greatgreenwich villageyogurtthe empire state buildingaround the cornerrooms are smalltvjetseataly
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I stayed for one night. Nice hotel and check in was friendly and easy.

The room was average sized for a modern NYC room.

The business center did not have a printer which made it more complicated than necessary.

The Wifi went out 2-3 times during my one night stay for 10 minutes to an hour so that was a drag.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2017

The decorating choices in the lobby were beyond me, but our room was charming. Even the hallway was beautiful--with curved ceilings and beautiful woodwork. Our double room was surprisingly large for NYC. I found the staff to be very helpful, and I loved the location--near Madison Square Park, Eataly, and a short walk to Greenwich Village. The High Line is also a relatively short distance away. The hotel even included a free breakfast, which made it even more economical.

Room Tip: I would pay extra for the window rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Our family loved the location but this hotel needs a lot of TLC. The staff was a mixed bag of super friendly people and lazy rude people.
I did not complain while I was there but for those of you who would like to stay I advise not staying in room 701. The room was old, banged up, the bathroom mirror and lighting was terrible and the lit mirror was broken. I imagine other rooms are in a similar state.
The bed didn't have a a fitted bottom sheet, just a small mattress pad with flat sheets, an uncovered duvet and more top sheets. The tub drained slowly. Our pillows were hard as rock but fortunately our daughters had better pillows in their room to use.
They need a window cleaner! you could barely see out the windows they were so dirty. and the rooftop bar they display in their gallery is not for your use it is only for private functions....very disappointing! The bar is more like a cafeteria. Their complimentary breakfast is ok. The free happy hour drink was nice but didn't make up for the lack of cleanliness.
Our daughters stayed in 702 the double queen corner room. it was definitely better and more spacious. For the price of this hotel i would look elsewhere but try and stay in this area. We loved the location..near eataly, near great restaurants, shopping and a park.

Room Tip: 7th floor corner room, 702 was spacious and quiet. away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank marggirl22
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This place is a low star establishment. I stayed here recently and the TV didn't work and when I called for repair the guy never came. Also the one clock in the room didn't work.
Average room with very old furniture and a drab lobby. Understaffed and unprofessional as well. Stay at your own discomfort

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Please beware of this hotel. It is by no means a 4 star hotel. I am a New Yorker and this hotel is not your typical New York hotel, and not in a good way. Very noisy, clientele questionable (especially at night when the night club is gearing up), and there is a sense of fear for your safety here. No latches on guest rooms. *The front desk employees were very nice and accommodating- they get the one star I'm giving this hotel!*

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends