1,160 results
All reviews freedom tower battery park memorial site the financial district filtered water club quarters wall street trade center rooftop restaurant new york ground zero lower manhattan statue of liberty world trade brooklyn bridge top floor the staten island ferry
Reviewed 12 January 2016

When going for business to NYC I tend to stay at the World Center Hotel. It's best located to my meeting places - all in walking distance. The last stay (December 2015) was another above average experience. My colleague and I had superior rooms with a perfect Ground Zero Memorial view from the 17th floor. The room was well-sized, top clean, quite, seemed to be renovated recently, room service and housekeeping worked smoothly and perfect, the receptionists’ team was as charming as always. Extra applause and special thanks to Kevin Chan, Sr. Guest Service Manager, who assisted us in getting a difficult situation managed unbureaucratically. Finally, also the bar and resto on the 20th floor is always worth a visit. So, thanks, thanks, thanks. Will surely come again!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Krystin G, Manager at World Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

I was thrilled to read your review. Thank you ! I have shared your feedback with our Staff and Management Team as it is so encouraging for our team to be recognized. I am glad that Kevin corrected the a difficult situation well and allowed you to continue enjoying your time with us.

My e-mail is klgimpel@clubquarters.com. Please contact me at any time with your feedback. We are very glad to be 'home away from home' and look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards.
Krystin

Reviewed 10 January 2016

NYC has, in my humble opinion, become very expensive in recent years. Last decade I could easily find accommodation in the Big Apple for around $200/night. Not any more. I really struggled this time time to find anything decent below $300/night. Enter World Center Hotel-beautifully situated, overlooking the two pools that commemorate 9/11, along with its next door sibling Club Quarters this is a really friendly and efficient hotel in a great part of town. I took the E train from JFK/Jamaica to Vesey Street in WTC and walked a few blocks to the hotel. Dead easy. Check in was quick and efficient, rooms were reasonably-sized (for Manhattan) and were very quiet. Free chilled and filtered water is available on each floor. I tended to eat breakfast out (see Pearl Diner review) but ate dinner on a Sunday evening in the great restaurant with a view on the 20th floor. Excellent food and excellent service.I will make a bee-line for this hotel next time I am in NYC.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 10 January 2016

It is in a quiet cul de sac and overlooks the 9\11 memorial ponds. From the restaurant on the top (20th) floor where breakfast is served if one chooses to eat in one gets great views and at night the surrounding building lights twinkle and glow. Subway stations are two or three blocks away dependent on line so Broadway can be reached in 20 minutes. The crew on reception are, bar one guy, clearly new to hotelery, lacking that professional touch. I was surprised to find my room unmade over when I got back after 4pm and stunned to have the maid knocking on my door for access after 5pm.
The room was on the inside courtyard and very quiet. It still looks newly furnished and decorated. The furniture is themed to ash or some similar wood throughout. There are lots of plugs, no password access to free wifi and fast internet. Chilled water is on dispense in the corridors. I wonder if anybody has ever used the three or four reference books in each room. The shower is bigger than average catering for the larger person. Overall it is clear that the room incorporates lessons learned from the past and is a pleasure to use.
Breakfast can be enjoyed on the 20th floor. There is an omelette counter where your choice is cooked as you wait. The bacon is crisp. The biggest surprise was the noticeable lack of items containing excess sugar. The yoghurt was organic.
To get an Excellent rating from me would require those service elements I've mentioned being smartened up.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Great location if you want to be close to the new Freedom Tower/World Trade Center. For Manhattan, the rooms were fairly spacious and came equipped with a pull out bed, which made it perfect for a small family of three. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was a bit tricky, as you had to loop all the way around the block to get to the garage, which was not clearly labeled. It was a bit of a hike to get to the Times Square area, however, which was a minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: try to get a room higher up so yo ucan get a view
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. We agree have a great location in Lower NYC. It continues to evolve into a dynamic neighborhood. Within the year, we anticipate the ability to travel in our area via car will be less complicated. I am glad that the room size was perfect for your family of 3 and your interaction with our team was positive.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future ... Please feel free to contact me on klgimpel@clubquarters.com if I can be of any assistance with your next stay.

Kind Regards,
Krystin

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Room is in good size, nice, new, and clean. (We were put in Club Quarters, adjoining hotel name with the same management I guess). Location is excellent to 911 memorial and close to subway (I took Airtrain and Subway from JFK with no issue. Hotel was a bit difficult to find at first, but I asked people around and they gave me the right direction). Construction is going on in the front of hotel but no noise issue. Staff are attentive and helpful. Free wifi, refilled bottle water, coffee & tea are great too!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank MPBangkok
Krystin G, Manager at World Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and time in New York City.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Regards,