“Don't go !”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Hell's Kitchen
Cross street: Central Park South & 8th Avenue
Transit: We are located on the third floor of the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle. A Voce is conveniently situated at 59th Street and Broadway, near the A,B,C,D and 1 Trains. Additionally, the M5, M7, M10, M20 & M104 buses stop in/or near Columbus Circle.
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

It was my birthday and my husband and daughter wanted to take me out for dinner. The restaurant was recommended by one of our friends. The menu is mostly "posh" Italian. It took around one hour for our entrees to be served and mine was cold. I asked the waiter to heat it since I wasn't going to wait another hour, but he insisted that they would make a new one. When my plate came, the portion was smaller than the one before it. Looking at the quantity of food, I realized that they had probably just heated up the pasta. When I asked for our waiter (another came in his place), he refused to talk to me and stopped serving us. Which was fine by me since the other waiter was much nicer. He offered to give us dessert on the house. I personally refused, but he insisted. When the bill came, the dessert was on it. We asked to speak to the waiter, but another server insisted on serving us and said the waiter was busy. She slammed the leather pouch on the table and became a bit aggressive.It was then that we really got angry and demanded to speak to the manager. We could see them arguing and after a few minutes, the manager reluctantly came to the table. We asked him what the problem was and he kept saying it's not our fault and that they were having problems. He asked how long we were staying in town and said we ought to come back. Of course, we declined.
It was the worst experience I've ever had in any restaurant!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

I had lunch with my mother and we both had a wonderful experience. The food was so delicious, the service was great and we just had a very memorable and wonderful time at this restaurant. We cannot wait to come back.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank 2016nyc
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The meals at a Voce never disappoint -they are always delicious and creative! That said, some creations may be a bit more successful than others, but at least it's not a boring plate of cheese ravioli. As a starter, the octopus salad (polipo) is both delicious and beautiful, presented as a slab of terrine of meticulously laid out octopus slices -a definite winner! The duck breast entree is memorable, but the cavatelli is a bit bland, with the only flavor in the relatively thin sauce. It's not bad, just not as special as the other dishes. But the beautiful setting and views of Columbus circle, along with pretty good service, add up to a lovely dining experience.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I went here on a business lunch with four other people on a Monday at 12:30.
The restaurant itself is beautiful. They have stunning views of Central Park and Columbus Circle, as well as gorgeous interior design. When we got there, we thought it was a little strange that it was empty but for one other table of 3, but we sat down and perused the menus.
Most of us ended up ordering the prix fixe menu and then we ordered a few appetizers to share. To begin with, the Burratina was amazing (but it is also pretty hard to mess that up). The Gnocco fritto, however, were a big miss. Essentially you received a long plate of empty fried puff pastry, accompanied by a large plate of prosciutto and some odd onion jam. Part of the problem was that you think it's going to be like gnocchi and this most definitely was not.
My appetizer (the Passera) was beautiful and quite tasty. The main - a salmon in a pea puree - was also quite amazing. My fellow diners mostly got the ravioli main, which they all seemed to enjoy.
The one other misstep with the food came with the polenta, which one of my fellow diners had ordered as a side. He was the only one who ordered it but they brought two out and charged us for two as well. The big problem came with the fact that the two small containers of polenta were seasoned wildly differently. One of them was actually quite lovely and converted me to polenta. The other had about 3x as much rosemary in it and was almost inedible.
The bomboloni (little doughnuts with a dark chocolate dipping sauce) were amazing and they also sent along a little chocolate and marshmallow dessert, which was quite tasty.
The main problem with this restaurant was the service. It was odd that we came at peak lunch hour and there was no one there and at a certain point we started thinking that they were taking so long with service because there was no one there and they wanted to keep up their pretense of bodies in the dining room. It ended up being a 2.5-3 hour long meal, which we were not anticipating.

2  Thank seferinab_13
Reviewed 24 June 2016

We had lunch at the bar yesterday and it was wonderful, maybe better than ever. This summer's three-course fixed-price lunch option is a real bargain--multiple choices in each course, regular portions, full presentation. Vickie had fluke + beef + bombolini and I had fave bean soup (wow!) + ravioli + strawberry panna cotta. Victor took good care of us at the bar, picking red by the glass for me, white by the glass for Vickie. We've never had a bad meal at A VOCE and this particular one was especially special.

Date of visit: June 2016