“Great owner and comfortable place in a lively...”
other travellers have booked this property
DSC00091.JPG DSC00093.JPG
DSC00091.JPG
DSC00093.JPG
DSC00094.JPG
DSC00096.JPG
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
MaMcMahon
Brussels, Belgium
“Great owner and comfortable place in a lively part of Harlem”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The apartment was on the top floor so we did not have the garden unit - we may have confused the unit since Milton has several places. Nonetheless, it was spacious and with few exceptions had most the things one would need. To top it off, Milton is a very helpful and friendly host. He was generous with his time explaining things and answering any questions that we had. We would be very happy saying there again.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Sivvy86
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great little flat and amazing owner!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My 2 friends and I stayed at this flat for 5 nights a few weeks back and I would highly recommend it! The flat itself is really cute, clean, and has practically everything you need, including towels and kitchenware. There is a big room with a double bed and also a double sofa bed in the living room, so comfortably fits 3-4 people. The price was very reasonable, one of the best deals that I managed to find during our search for a place to stay.
The location was also great, we were a little concerned initially with staying in Harlem but even being 3 girls in our late 20s we never felt unsafe walking around, even at night. Saying that however, I still wouldn't suggest for a girl to walk around on her own at night, but I think that's in almost any neighbourhood! It was only 2 stops from the North of Central Park, and 12 minutes ride from Times Square on the underground. It was really easy getting to and from the flat as the trains were very frequent and the underground stop is literally round the corner from the flat. There are lots of restaurants and shops, including a supermarket within easy reach too.
Finally, Milton the owner is one of the friendliest and nicest people you will ever meet. He made us feel very welcome and was always there to help us with anything we needed, very chatty but not obtrusive in any way what so ever, the perfect host. The only thing is that the flat is on the 2nd floor and there is no lift, so if you are for any reason incapable of walking up 2 flights of stairs, I wouldn't recommend it- it was fine for us though, good exercise, and Milton helped us with our suitcases.
I have already recommended this place to some of my friends and will continue doing so, and if I ever come back to NYC, I will definitely stay at one of Milton's flats:)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner and the flat
Liked least: No lift
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Dubai
Reviewed 8 October 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Older travelers
Stockholm
Reviewed 4 June 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Bologna Italy
Reviewed 8 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing