“Amazing Massages that saved our trip”
Review of Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa - MOVED

Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Dorit Baxter's New York Day Spa was established with the vision of providing an environment where dynamic women and men could alleviate stress and achieve a sense of well-being. At Dorit Baxter's urban oasis, situated in the glamour of Midtown Manhattan, you can choose from a wide variety of original day spa treatments repeatedly acknowledged by the media. Our New York day spa is famous for creating a friendly atmosphere where you can kick off your shoes and float from one treatment room to another, feeling that top-notch therapists are massaging your muscles and the most knowledgeable facialists are taking care of your skin.Dorit Baxter opened her New York day spa in 1980. A skin care expert, Dorit has created a line of pampering facials, invigorating body treatments and an incredible array of fantastic massage offerings as well as day spa standards like manicures, pedicures and waxing. A special indulgence are treatments that employ the natural minerals and oils found in Israel’s most famous body of water, the Dead Sea. The popular Dead Sea Salt Mineral Body Scrub combines mineral-rich salt with aromatherapy oils, which are massaged into the body using long strokes to maximize exfoliation and enhance circulation. Those with epidermis issues like eczema and psoriasis will want to book a mud treatment, which uses healing mud excavated from the Dead Sea. You can also pick up the same jojoba moisturizers, soy serums, papaya toners, and cleansers used in the spa’s treatments for home use.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 12 February 2016

We found this place on a whim on our trip to NYC. We called because we aren't used to all the walking and were hurting terribly. They got us in the next hour- on a weekend! We had a couples massage that was incredible. Both therapists were kind and knowledgeable with exceptional technique. We would go back in a heart beat. Also, because of their hand we were able to keep up the rest of the weekend!

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

I was in the city for my birthday and my friend and I had the aromatherapy massage and the 1/2 hr foot reflexology. My services were amazing and Brenda worked out kinks I didn't even know I had. Shay was my friends masseuse and she thoroughly enjoyed her services as well.
The location was perfect. We were staying at the Crowne Plaza Times Square and the walk to and from was very easy.
Prices are very comparable to prices where I live and the space is very relaxing, both the reception area and the rooms.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I work in the city a few days a month. I recently discovered this little gem! Small but clean, great service and very reasonably priced. I had a manicure and pedicure one night after work and went back the next night for a massage. All treatments were great and they could easily accommodate my schedule. The dressing rooms and lockers are a bit small. Needed two lockers to get work bag, purse, clothes, etc. in but it was no problem. One tip - they are located on W57th between 5th and 6th and it is a small door - easy to miss. If you put in the address to some map apps - it will take you the wrong way. Don't rely on map apps. I would recommend this spa and plan to make it part of my regular visits.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Visited during stay in New York with my fiancé, managed to get an appointment for us both during the evening within an hour.

Amazing service, really professional and experienced masseuse who offered a wealth of helpful information and guidance for assisting with better muscle management for better wellbeing and reduced stress.

My masseuse was Aretha (apologies if spelt wrong). We talked throughout the session which was relaxing and entertaining and really enjoyed it.

Totally recommend to anyone. Loved it.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

What a hidden away gem. This place is amazing. My husband found it online mid week and we decided to visit tonight. We rang an hour in advance and managed to get 2 massages. The staff were lovely and super helpful.
Myself and partner both had deep tissue massages and wow. I've never had one before and it was the best massage I've ever. I can't remember the young ladies name but she knew where all my sore points and knots were without asking.
I've came away feeling relaxed, stress free and wish we were staying longer so I could book in another one!!!!! Would recommend in a heart beat.