“Just what I needed after a long day!”
Review of Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa - MOVED

Dorit Baxter New York Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Dorit Baxter's New York Day Spa was established with the vision of providing an environment where dynamic women and men could alleviate stress and achieve a sense of well-being. At Dorit Baxter's urban oasis, situated in the glamour of Midtown Manhattan, you can choose from a wide variety of original day spa treatments repeatedly acknowledged by the media. Our New York day spa is famous for creating a friendly atmosphere where you can kick off your shoes and float from one treatment room to another, feeling that top-notch therapists are massaging your muscles and the most knowledgeable facialists are taking care of your skin.Dorit Baxter opened her New York day spa in 1980. A skin care expert, Dorit has created a line of pampering facials, invigorating body treatments and an incredible array of fantastic massage offerings as well as day spa standards like manicures, pedicures and waxing. A special indulgence are treatments that employ the natural minerals and oils found in Israel’s most famous body of water, the Dead Sea. The popular Dead Sea Salt Mineral Body Scrub combines mineral-rich salt with aromatherapy oils, which are massaged into the body using long strokes to maximize exfoliation and enhance circulation. Those with epidermis issues like eczema and psoriasis will want to book a mud treatment, which uses healing mud excavated from the Dead Sea. You can also pick up the same jojoba moisturizers, soy serums, papaya toners, and cleansers used in the spa’s treatments for home use.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 3 February 2016

I work in the city a few days a month. I recently discovered this little gem! Small but clean, great service and very reasonably priced. I had a manicure and pedicure one night after work and went back the next night for a massage. All treatments were great and they could easily accommodate my schedule. The dressing rooms and lockers are a bit small. Needed two lockers to get work bag, purse, clothes, etc. in but it was no problem. One tip - they are located on W57th between 5th and 6th and it is a small door - easy to miss. If you put in the address to some map apps - it will take you the wrong way. Don't rely on map apps. I would recommend this spa and plan to make it part of my regular visits.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Visited during stay in New York with my fiancé, managed to get an appointment for us both during the evening within an hour.

Amazing service, really professional and experienced masseuse who offered a wealth of helpful information and guidance for assisting with better muscle management for better wellbeing and reduced stress.

My masseuse was Aretha (apologies if spelt wrong). We talked throughout the session which was relaxing and entertaining and really enjoyed it.

Totally recommend to anyone. Loved it.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

What a hidden away gem. This place is amazing. My husband found it online mid week and we decided to visit tonight. We rang an hour in advance and managed to get 2 massages. The staff were lovely and super helpful.
Myself and partner both had deep tissue massages and wow. I've never had one before and it was the best massage I've ever. I can't remember the young ladies name but she knew where all my sore points and knots were without asking.
I've came away feeling relaxed, stress free and wish we were staying longer so I could book in another one!!!!! Would recommend in a heart beat.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

A couple of us girls (from out of town) spent the morning at the spa for a few of their services: neck and back massage, Swedish massage, European facial, and manicure and pedicure. They did not disappoint. It's a lovely place. We'd highly recommend it.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

I am so glad I found this place. It was recommended by our concierge at The Row NYC and it did not disappoint. What a classy place! They give you a robe, slippers and locker. They were very timely and the deep tissue massage I received was excellent. I was able to make my reservation about 2 hours before hand and I really needed it- so was glad they had an opening. The price is right for what you get and it was a very relaxing massage. Gave me more mileage on my feet to explore NYC in the next few days! Definitely would go again.

1  Thank 777Deana777