6,207 results
All reviews port authority new york parole office times square free laundry full size fridge fridge freezer stove top bus station small kitchen never felt unsafe the breakfast area bagels complimentary breakfast lower floor hell's kitchen few blocks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for four nights with a friend for a city break. The best thing about this hotel is the location - it’s literally a 10 minute walk from Times Square and a great base for all the touristy spots.
The room was okay, not amazing, but I did sleep well and let’s face it - I didn’t come to New York to be in the hotel all that much anyway. It was clean and had what we needed so that suited us just fine.

They charge $5 a day to clean the room which I found odd but it’s easily avoided if you just leave the sign on your door saying no thanks. We only went to breakfast once, which is included for all guests, but there wasn’t much choice and the food was pretty average. There are so many amazing restaurants in New York, we had no reason to eat in the hotel. The staff were pretty up and down. The lady that checked us in was really helpful and friendly but the guy at the concierge desk was rude and not helpful at all.

The price we paid for the hotel was very good and if I were to return to New York then I would stay here again. It was good for the price, it was clean, and it was a prefect location.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hello Sophiecbb93,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. While I am glad that you would choose to stay with us again, I am sorry to learn about the inconsistent level of service received from the hotel staff. I have shared your comments with the hotel management as a reference during the periodic staff meeting and training. I'm certain that the steps taken will further improve your next stays with us.

We're looking forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our second visit to the Staybridge Suites. Have been to NY from California many times and have stayed in perhaps two dozen different hotels (mostly 4-5*****)
Staybridge Suites is one of our favorites. The rooms are small but very comfortable with a full refrigerator, microwave, etc. What brings us back again is the amazing staff. They are friendly and caring. Watched a foreign visitor hail a taxi in front of the hotel and the bell person made sure to talk to the driver to ensure that the person was well cared for and gave directions to the driver.
The two concierges/luggage handlers Jamie and Brian hang out in the small lobby to ensure that folks are satisfied and they do it in a fun way (even playing some music during the included breakfast). Beds are comfortable and the area is great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Convenient. This is what I would describe this hotel in one word. The top plus would be the fully-equiped kitchenette that allowed us to cook for my fussy toddler. Then the breakfast buffet had just enough choices to fill you up for a day of sightseeing. Nice enough coffee which you can have for takeaway too if you want to grab a coffee while heading out for the day. We also tried their evening socials which was from 5-7pm with a different theme every day. The free wine and beer is always nice!

We also used the laundry twice in our 7-night stay and just had to pay a dollar for a detergent from a vending machine. Again, very convenient and easy to do with very helpful staff at the laundry room.

We chose a room with 2 beds which is ideal for a family and being on the 12th floor, this also allowed us to simply walk down the fire stairs when the lifts get too busy during peak breakfast hours. When we had to check out in the morning, we just figured best to go up first with all our luggage;otherwise, we would never be able to get a lift to go down with all our stuff during the busy breakfast buffet. I would say the 12th floor facing 40th street had just enough view of the NY skyline, lower than that then you are facing the concrete facade of the port authority terminal.

Since it was close to the Port Authority Terminal, we also booked a bus to head out to our next destination from that terminal, as it was just across the hotel.

We were very happy with our stay there and would recommend this to anyone traveling to Manhattan island. An improvement I would suggest is the shower. A hand held shower would be better, especially when bathing a little one.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Drawingroomculture
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very comfortable room. Exceptionally helpful staff who allowed us complimentary early check in and late check out! Good buffet breakfast (moregards space in basement servery). Great location just a short walk from Times Square and Broadway.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first time experience at this hotel was amazing, from check in to check out to the amazing comfortable beds, Jay checked me in and she was amazing so sweet and informative, she helped me out with everything I needed and made me feel more at home. I will def be coming back here soon.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business