“Staff Goes Above & Beyond!”

Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
Ranked #142 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here as part of a group of 9 women for a bachelorette party, and from the first moments of arrival to our departure, we were treated like VIPs! The staff really went out of their way to make this a memorable trip for our group. Jamie was always willing to spend a little extra time with us to help us figure out where to go or to entertain us with his crooning. Idriss "(#1") also made sure he attended to our every need. The accommodations were clean and modern. Overall, my experience at the Staybridge exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Kristen L, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Hello Shannon,

Thank you for writing this great review and pointing out the team members that made your stay even more special. I am glad to hear that you got to know our staff and we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

We hope to see you ladies soon!

Best Wishes from the entire Staybridge Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City

Reviewed 3 May 2012

So...it's technically been a couple of weeks since our stay, but I was just that determined to make sure I left an honest review of my experience at the Staybridge. It was one of the greatest hotel stays I've ever had. The hotel itself was very clean and modern. The bathroom was espcially clean, which is my biggest concern when traveling. The bed was super comfy. My coworker and I were able to sleep comfortably with no issues. We were attending a Beauty conference at the Javits Center, and it was a perfect location, only about 10mins away. The best part about the stay, I'll have to say was definitely the friendly staff. Jamie and Eddie were Thee funniest, most down to earth, and hospitable bellmen! Jamie suggested the best pizza place, Caprizzi's. It was deelish! The breakfast was fantastic, full of hot and fresh items! I really enjoyed my New York trip and my hotel stay was the icing on the cake. I will def be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit smaller, but it worked for us!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My fiance and I stayed here because of it's proximity to Times Square. The streets look a bit sketchy but we never saw anything to scare us from walking up and down at any time of day or night. Love that the subway is right at the corner!
The staff here was wonderful, definitely A+! We were greeted warmly at the door with chocolates and pretzels and happy hour was a great welcome to NYC. All the concierges were awesome and had fabulous suggestions on places to eat and visit and were extremely helpful in giving directions whether we were walking or taking the subway.
We happened to catch the first anniversary of their bar and were thrilled to befriend their fantastic bartender. She took great care of us and made unique tasty drinks for us to celebrate our engagement.
Our room was kept very clean and our towels restocked every day. It was pretty quiet considering the location. The only thing we could complain about is that our room was right across from the elevator, so in the mornings we could hear all the people chattering right outside our door waiting to go down to get the free breakfast.
We will definitely be staying here again when we visit next.

Room Tip: rooms above the 14th floor have great views!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed here for two days after a long tiring trip down south. It was chosen for location for which it topped the bill for us. Near to the subway, short walk to Times Square and overall staff were really helpful.

The room was good, clean and tidy. Ammenities supplied in room were to a good standard. Beds were comforatble. No problems arose during our stay. The waiting time for the elevators can be painful and although not the hotels fault, some people feel its their right to just push past even though you have been waiting....didnt get far though.

The free reception in the evening was very good we thought, and by the fact everyone within the hotel was there also I think they felt the same. Bit busy and cramped but not a problem.

Breakfast was very busy and hard to find some seating but served a good purpose.

Overall we were very pleased and will stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is my 3rd stay at this property. As with the previous stays, the hotel is just brilliant. The staff is nice, courteous and helpful.
Location is perfect for Times Sq, transportation and pretty much everything else in NYC.
My room was on the 30th floor and I had views of the river on one side, the Empire State building on the other.
The breakfast is busy, but we didn't have any issues finding a seat after a few minutes.

Other reviewers complained about the elevators... Here is a tip for you: take the stairs! This will solve the obesity issue in the US. I just don't understand why people take an elevator to go down from the 2nd floor.
And yes I took the stairs to go up 30 floors. Good workout!
Also, if you want to go down, press the arrow facing down... Want to go up? Guess what press the arrow facing up! So many people on all floors pressed both buttons so the elevators stop at most floors even on their way up...
Anyway, at the week end with a full hotel, I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes.

"Social hour" on most weekdays from 5 to 7 is great, wine, beer and appetizers are served downstairs.

This hotel is my favourite choice for a NYC stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business