The Dominick Hotel
US$ 219
US$ 170
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 157
US$ 168
US$ 138
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$ 164
US$ 154
  • Pool
US$ 316
US$ 228
  • Room Service
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 243
  • Fitness centre
US$ 317
US$ 283
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 305
US$ 248
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 312
US$ 278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 266
US$ 115
  • Breakfast included
3,265 results
All reviewstrump sohotrump hotelspring streetkoi restaurantnew yorksoho areanespresso machinehudson rivercorner suitein room diningholland tunnelroom servicefloor to ceiling windowsfreedom towerhigher floorturn down servicethe empire state building
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Excellent hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They made us feel at home. The location is great: in the hart of Soho, yet in a less crowded street, with small restaurants around and within walking distance to washington square. The room are spacious with a nice decor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Zeina E

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and am happy to hear you felt at home during your stay. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Chose Trump Soho as we wanted to be based downtown Manhattan and on the previous reviews we had read on Tripadvisor. I would love to say we had the experience that many people seem to have had but sadly we didn't.

It wasn't one thing that was bad, it was numerous things that led to us feeling slightly disappointed.

Check in was fine but no one told us that the main restaurant and the attached restaurant were both closed for refurbishment. I can understand them not telling us when we phoned up to check booking but it wasn't until we tried to go to one of them that this became apparent. This is not acceptable for any hotel never mind a 5* one.

WiFi in room had to be paid for. This is a familiar thing in many hotels - totally unwarranted in this type of establishment when competitors provide for free - but I didn't think I would have to pay per device.

WiFi was available in public spaces but couldn't get my iPod to connect. Spoke with other guests and they were having same problem with their iPhones and other devices. However had no problem with MacBook - go figure?

Air Conditioning in bedroom was not only loud but blew directly over the bed. Therefore kept on being woken up by cold blasts of air. Could have been prevented by a bit of thought on where to direct the vent. Couldn't switch it off because the room was too warm otherwise.

Bed was incredibly soft because of bed topper - which also made it almost too warm to sleep on.

Because of the main restaurant being closed, they were trying to provide breakfast out of The Library which had about 10-12 tables for a 390+ room hotel. This meant that there were delays - sometimes 20+ minutes - getting seated for breakfast and the service was not what would be expected of 5* hotel. Felt slighty chaotic and people arriving after you and being served before you didn't help.

On arriving back at hotel post theater, wanted to round off night with drink and some snacks. As it was past 11pm Bar D'eau said could not provide any food because kitchen was closed. When asked if they could provide some snacks to go with drinks - potato crisps or nuts - they said they couldn't. Seems odd for a bar to not be able to provide this simple accompaniment. Again not something ever experienced at other hotels stayed at. (Raises question of how do they provide 24x7 room service if kitchen closes at 11pm)

Deluxe room was exactly same as Superior room except it was on higher floor - yet picture of Deluxe room on web site shows/implies better furnishing. Slightly misleading.

On the plus side the majority of staff were excellent - special mention should go to the bell staff who were outstanding. Concierge and guest services were also good.

As I said it was too many little things that added up to the feeling of disappointment with our overall experience.

Would I go back - maybe, but there are other hotels in NYC that we have had much better overall experience and it is because of that that I would probably stay elsewhere.

Maybe our expectations had been falsely set high by the reviews we had read but sadly we didn't feel we had had the same experience as others had. It felt like a 4* hotel aspiring to be 5* but not quite executing properly to achieve it.

4  Thank Pika_UK

Dear Peter_S0711

Thank you for your feedback and for your kind comments about our bell, concierge and guest services team. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We were so excited about staying at the Trump Hotel in Soho & when we checked in we were not dissapointed. We received a great welcome & a glass of fizz, what more could you wish for?
We took our own cases to our room as we have made the mistake of having the porters bring them in other great hotels & waited & waited. Our friends made the mistake & received their cases 90 mins later!
Our room was beautiful, tastefully designed with a whole side of our room being a floor to ceiling window with breathtaking views over New York. We also had a fab coffee machine which was well stocked & great in the mornings. Our King sized bed was the most comfortable we have ever stayed in & the deep fluffy gowns were lush!
Our breakfast on the first day was unbelievably slow & we had to hunt servers to order drinks & food. The second day was much better though & the quality of the food was great throughout.
We had drinks in all of the hotel bars & each of them were brilliant in their own individual ways.
I checked the Hotel website out before we booked & I have to say that it was true to form on all the Hotel had to offer.
On the whole we loved it here & the locality of the Hotel is great to walk around the amazing shops, bars & restaurants that Soho has to offer

l

Room Tip: We went for the Deluxe Guest Room & it was amazing but I'm sure all the rooms here would be great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart K
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Stuart K

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your room’s floor to ceiling windows and all of the room amenities we offer. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We both LOVED the hotel. When we mentioned our anniversary offhandedly to one of the staff, that evening we were sent lovely chocolate-covered strawberries and sparkling water (we don't drink alcohol). The concierge service was very helpful, the "house car" was a great alternative to taxis when it was available, the room was very clean and very comfortable, and the pool area was very relaxing. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in NYC.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Amanda S

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your 10th anniversary celebration. I appreciate your kind comments about our concierge team and am happy to hear you had a memorable stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Just returned for my second time to Trump Soho and once again the hotel exceeded my expectations. We came back to celebrate an anniversary and the hotel went out of their way to make it a special experience for us. We were given a room upgrade, champagne & strawberries plus they helped me to arrange a surprise rose petal and tea light service that was absolutely beautiful. Thanks to the Trump Soho attache office for their help and personal attention.
Also, got to visit the pool and spa and they were both great. Definitely worth the money to be at a great hotel in a fabulous area of NYC. Will definitely be coming back!

Dear map1977

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear our Attache team exceeded your expectations for your anniversary celebration. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.