“The city for nice they priced it twice. Great Hotel with a few small hiccups. Reccomend from ex Hotelier.”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #113 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I need to start of that I used to work in the hotel industry for over 7 years and I am aware of guest services. We just arrived back from a three night stay at the Trump Soho. When we arrived Friday for our 3pm check in they gentleman at the desk tried to tell me that the room was not ready. This was no way going to sit with me as there is a 3pm check in time. He said the last guest had departed later and as if that was my issue. He offered drinks by the bar and as I explained to him I wanted the room asap and drinks by the bar is not why I paid $600 a night to stay there.

Other than that the room was clean and well kept. This was my first time in NYC, the city so nice they priced it twice. Great area and the restos in Meatpacking district were fab. I am a Torontonian and love my dining out. Yankees Red Sox on Sunday and great shopping all weekend long. Book here for sure and enjoy what the city has to offer. You need to bring lots of patience and love what the city has to offer. SPA was amazing and ask for Stephanie.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear Fadi M

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your first trip to NYC. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Spa services and downtown location. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements at the Trump SoHo.

Andreas Oberoi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here with our four small children from 6/30-7/7 and had a wonderful experience. We usually stay at 5 star hotels when we travel and this place was the best so far. It's very nice and upscale without being stuffy. The pool area was the perfect space with wonderful views.
The staff was very accommodating and friendly, especially Philip D'Antoni and Aaron Miller. Great to have all of the baby equipment available through the concierge, we even requested additional strollers, and car seats for our 12am pick-up from the airport last minute with no problems.

Drinks at the pool bar were really great, especially the Passion de Fuego Margarita (its spicy)

great location for soho, tribeca or the village, we walked no problem to each area.

Really comfortable beds and pillows. We arranged babysitting through the concierge and the quality of the two ladies that came to take care of our four small girls ( 4 year old twins, 2 year old and 1 year old) was spectacular, you could really tell how well trained and engaged they were in playing with them. Both nights we came back to all the girls asleep, such a nice treat.

Every touch in this hotel really is well thought out from the pillow menu, to the spicy cocktails and the superb staff. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear aimeegoeppner

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our kids amenities and services and the signature cocktails by the pool. I look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Dakar, Senegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We just spent a week at this very stylish "rockstar hotel" I loved it!! We too were upgraded to a stunning city view on the 34th floor with amazing sunrises and breathtaking night vista's .....this is not the place to stay if your over 50 and prefer the classic style of the Peninsula...this is rock star chic and during my stay we saw several...the bathroom is truly lovely although you have to be cool that there is no doorway between the room....loved the nespreso machine (finally) ..and the bed is indeed to die for...pillow top and super soft...the downside..and yes there is no restaurant really ...the breakfast in the library not worth the waste of time....the lifts are slow, my door needed a man to fix it as it had moved and would not close... The pool..hmm well really were all those 20 year olds really staying at the hotel looking like models....Mind you the old men surrounding them definitely were....not the place to take kids if you bring them....really though this hotel is not a family hotel it's too cool for that..staff are lovely, to me this is more the place to make babies than bring them!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank wendyinafrica
Dear wendyinafrica

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Recommend joining the Trump traveler reward membership. We arrived a few hours early and were just going to drop off our bags so we could make a 1:00 lunch reservation nearby. But the desk staff was very friendly and had a great room booked for us, just waiting for the manager to inspect and release it to us. We waited about 15 minutes, but then learned with their apologies that the room had an issue and had not passed inspection. So we stored our bags and grabbed a cab and still made our reservation at Le Eco'le at Broadway/Grand (the restaurant for the International Culinary Institute formerly the French Culinary Institute where the graduating chefs prepare service).

Received a call during lunch to let us know our room was available whenever we were ready to check in (keep in mind this is still earlier than the 3:00 published time). Upon our return, we were recognized by the desk staff who had been the one who phoned me earlier and so surprised to learn they had moved us up to a big corner suite with a lovely City view! I was so pleased I had splurged to stay one night at the Trump SoHo! What a view. We were in the middle section of the tower, which was above all of the surrounding rooftops. And the empire state building was in full view!

Make sure you set your alarms if you need to wake up... the bed was fabulous and the linens were so soft - I was so warm and snugged in I did not want to get up! Based on info I submitted in my reward card profile, we had plush down pillows chosen from a wide variety of pillows from their pillow menu (some are scented). My super deal included wi-fi in the room. We had a soaking tub and rain shower in a very spacious bathroom. There was a half bath at the entry, which would be nice to close off your sleeping area if you have visitors during your stay.

We had breakfast at the cafe on the 2nd level. Very small, but we did not have to wait to be seated and we did enjoy a nice meal. There had been some confusion about a request with the fruit salad and they accidentally prepared a 2nd order. We explained the misunderstanding and they were so nice about it, boxing up the extra order so we could take it with us. Carried it to a cute little park, found a bench and watched the SoHo occupants enjoy their Saturday.

We never made it to the pool area as there was a large wedding party at the hotel on the night we were there, so elevator travel was too risky for just a quick look before dinner out. Although cabs were not abundant at this location, the doorman was able to flag one down for us each time we went out (but it wasn't raining). Note of caution: if the doorman says something is only 4 or 5 blocks away, don't believe him. Try15 blocks... we would have gotten a cab since it was really hot (100 degrees) that day.

I did find a promo code that offered a room upgrade, but after I used it learned that deal had expired a year before. But, that might be the reason why they moved us up to a corner suite from the nice king room I had booked. Although this was a $$$ splurge for us, it was just for one night and it was very memorable! We had the nicest view, a lovely room and were treated as very special guests!

Room Tip: Join the Trump reward program. I booked through the hotel. Really didn't see anything better o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank smartin2000
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear smartin2000

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a memorable stay and enjoyed the benefits of the Trump Card Privileges Program. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

POUGHKEEPSIE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

The minute you walk into the hotel you will be very pleased. The room and amenities wonderfull. We had a young guest that used the sofa bed that was very comfortable and the room had a second bathroom that was great.The return to our room after dinner was a surprise desert and a card we had mentioned to the desk on check in a birthday and it was a big hit! Room service was great for breakfast arrived on time and the food was great.We also loved the area for shopping and resturants near the hotel. I will return very soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Tom S

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our In Room Dining and that our birthday amenities were a big hit. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.