“My favourite”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #131 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed here last year (this review is a bit delayed) and it was the best hotel experience I have ever had! Firstly I checked in early as my flight landed at JFK at 7am, I asked if I could leave my bags with the staff in the lobby, full expecting to have to walk the streets as I was way too early for my room. The reception staff were amazing, they phoned to check if my room was ready and then gladly booked me in! I was over the moon, as it allowed me the luxury of a hot shower after a long flight, a soft bed and a power nap before meeting up with my colleagues later that afternoon.

Then my room was incredible, 35th floor, with a view out over the Hudson, the financial district and Tribeca. The room was spacious, luxurious and catered for my every need. Having to travel for work is often a pain, but knowing that this was my room for three nights was a pleasure.

I run quite a lot and upon my return from an afternoon jog, one of the doormen fetched me a bottle of water as I entered the lobby. This attention to detail doesn't go unnoticed. Breakfast was also excellent and the service superb.

I must congratulate the Trump SoHo on meeting and exceeding all of my expectations. I left New York on that trip with a newfound lover for SoHo and the West Village and while my subsequent trips to New York haven't made sense for me to stay in SoHo (due to business taking place either further south or north in Manhattan) I would love to stay at the Trump again one day.

Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank woodee1
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear woodee1,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the service elements, and the downtown location. I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Want to share my excellent hotel experience at the Trump Soho Hotel this past weekend.
The location is superb - perfect shopping really close by as well as smashing good restaurants such as Balthazar and Barolo.
I got an excellent impression of the hotel from the very first minute as the doormen was so pleasant and professional. They were always smiling and i got the impression they put much pride and joy in their work.
Also want to complement the hotel having strawberries and champagne during check in - very nice treat!
The hotel in general was really chic and clean and the beds were so wonderful it was like sleeping on a cloud!
All in all this is by far the best hotel experience I have had, and I work with travel myself – so I have some experience!
So go and enjoy the Trump Soho like I did :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank esissel

Dear esissel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed our downtown location, the hotel amenities and service. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

My sister and I have collectively stayed at the Trump Soho 3 times since the summer of 2011. We had such amazing experiences that we refuse to stay anywhere else when visiting New York City. I truly appreciate how Trump recognizes our loyalty and strives to keep us coming back!

Trump Soho’s accommodations are certainly incomparable. The rooms are gorgeous with breathtaking views, the beds and pillows will make you want to sleep all day in the City That NEVER Sleeps!! And the staff, WOW, I can’t stop singing their praises. Dan the Reservations Manager, Raquel and Peggy in Concierge and Chris the Door Person...just amazing employees! They will not disappoint you with their knowledge, care and concern for you while visiting.

Trump Soho is perfectly located in Soho, with amazing shopping and food literally steps away...there is a train station just a block away, you can’t go wrong!!

I will always stay at Trump Soho when visiting NYC and have been spreading the word to family and friends. This is because of Trumps consistency with its service and brilliant staff upholding its high standards. Nothing was ever a problem and I don't think I was ever given "no" as an answer. Trump should be proud of its staff and service, it's like no other. Thank you for so many memorable visits!! I can't wait for the next one!

Room Tip: Every room I stayed in was gorgeous and each had it's own fabulous view!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123Vanessa123

Dear 123Vanessa123,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for your repeat business. I will be sure to share your comments with Dan, Chris, Peggy and Raquel. Please let me know if I can provide assistance for any future stays, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed just one night but thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. Our room was on the 37th floor with amazing eastward views of the bridges over the East River and northerly views of beautiful Midtown (loved the remote drape operation)! Staff was wonderful as was the amazing bed -- extremely comfortable! Room service for breakfast was quick and delicious! Highly recommend this hotel and looking forward to returning!

Room Tip: Higher floors have amazing views!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoriLough

Dear LoriLough,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, including the spectacular views. I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Trump Soho is the best hotel I've ever been in NYC and I'm known to be particular... I travel a lot and sleeping in a very good bed is the kind of detail I appreciate.You can tell they really worked the details. The view is amazing and spending a night there seems like a dream. The location is perfect, the service impeccable,I would definitely go back and recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank carolannt

Dear carolannt,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump SoHo and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially the service and the beds. Please let me know if I can assist with any future plans.