“Would definitely return on my next visit to NYC”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #130 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have stayed in some pretty nice hotels in NYC in the past, but Trump Soho definitely was the best of the bunch. The location was awesome, abundant supply of excellent restaurants and cafes and clubs nearby, plus walking distance to the Soho shopping area. If you want to venture out further, the subway on Spring St is right round the corner. We were on the 23rd floor, and we still had a great view of the river. The room is spacious enough - even though I would have liked it more if the big TV is not right on top of the desk, as this way, when my husband is working, Everything was working, and the room was well equipped - though there really is no need for the microwave (a nice touch) as so many restaurants are right on our door steps! I couldn't watch anything on TV. We did pay for Internet, which included a passcode that allows you to access Wifi on all your devices, which was very helpful for the two of us. We did have breakfast at the restaurant on the Mezzanine floor a number of times, and the food was of a very high standard (and price). We did try out the spa, which was a bit pricey (the Aveda Institute is just right across the street for those looking for a bargain).

One of the best assets of Trump Soho is the service - it was more than just professional, it was very attentive and efficient, plus friendly. Whenever you needed something, it arrived quickly, every question or problem was handled swiftly. The concierge even managed to secure us a table to one of the top notch restaurants in the city. The porters were a great help in packing up my boxes creatively so that it was easy for me to carry around.

All in all, a superb experience. We were there for more than a week, and it just wasn't enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dnb008
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear dnb008,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and service, as well as exploring our downtown location.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner to celebrate our birthdays for three nights.

I can't congratulate the staff enough on how well they treated us.. from wishing us a happy birthday when we arrived, being upgraded and don't get me started on the housekeepers - they serviced the room to perfection. After a long flight from the UK, we arrived at 12pm but were able to check-in early, which was so nice.. The doormen are so genuine and nice. On my birthday the barman gave me a complimentary trump cocktail.. such a nice touch by him..

We would come back to our room each day to it being immaculate, chocolate treats with a message wishing us a nice evening.. As mentioned I loved the coffee machine, mini bar with different flavours of grey goose vodka

I loved having a bath in the evening while looking out across the manhattan skyline, just magical...

I'm dubious about hotels that have number 1 status on trip advisor-this hotel should be number one..

I can't wait to come back and stay here - I will come back even if I'm not celebrating an occasion...

To top it off, I got my photo in the lobby with Robert Downey Jr who was staying at the hotel..

No matter who you are, you are treated like a star by this hotel..

I look forward to staying here again and trying out the other Trump hotels too...

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank johnjames86

Dear johnjames86,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo in detail. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates. Please let me know if I can assist with any future reservations.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have to say that I have stayed in different hotels in NY and I can say that this one is definitively one of the best. At the first moment that you enter the lobby, you will receive a warm welcoming. The rooms are very confortable, spacious and with a designer touch wich is not overwelming. If you love Soho, this is the place to stay. Also... If you hace kids.. They give them a special treatment that you will just love!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank DavidAbarca

Dear DavidAbarca,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the size and decor of the rooms. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed three nights at the Trump Soho on the 36th floor. Spectacular views and the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced. Beautifully appointed room, amply equipped with more than anyone could need, including a Nespresso machine and a microwave (!). Slightly tight on wardrobe space and no door to the bathroom in our room which is fine if you are with a loved one but a bit inhibiting if you are sharing with a friend. Not all rooms lack a door to the bathroom so ask when you check in. Staff were unfailingly smiling and helpful. Hotel car took us to dinner in the pouring rain on our first night, which was an unexpected bonus. Lovely spa and gym. Didn't eat in the hotel with so many great restaurants in the area but the bar was good and the barman very professional. Usual irritating daily charge for wifi in the room. Why can't hotels drop this practice? I would highly recommend the Trump Soho for its sleek design, charming staff and brilliant location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nikki R

Dear Nikki R,

Thank you for staying at Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and many of the hotel's amenities like the house car, Nespresso machines and fitness center. I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is a great hotel, no two ways about it. Being set in Soho it has all the vibe of the are and easy access to all of Manhattan. We travelled with friends and whilst we had booked into a suite, they had not. Our friends were upgraded so that they could be on the same floor. That would have been sufficient, but on checkout they even reduced out rate to match what they had paid. Amazing service. The rooms are large and the higher floors have great views. Beautifully and stylishly furnished. Housekeeping was amazingly efficient - wish I could have brought them home. The room was tidied within an inch of it's life every day, even doing things like tying bows on shoes that had come undone. We didnt eat in the hotel as we had other plans for most meals, but the restaurant looks nice and the room service menu is expansive. The bar was very hip, but not well attended. Cocktails were great. They treated the children really well with bathrobes, sweets and cookies and milk at bedtime. My only one complaint was that the pool was out of season and therefore not open. Definitely recommended highly.

Room Tip: Go for higher floor