“Fabulous stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Leather chairs open into single beds for large groups
Sunny Dining Room Overlooks Your Private Garden
Your own private Manhattan Oasis right in the center of the City
The Beds were Comfy and the Linens Superb', Heather P. 2017
Celebrate with breakfast in bed. We'll give you menus from restaurants that deliver for free
A touch of glamour in the main bathroom with marble floor and walls
Refrigerator/Freezer/Ice Maker, Dishwasher, 4 burner Stove, Oven
Newly Remodled Kitchen with Granite Counter Tops & Stainless Steel Appliances
Garden in the Spring...You would Never Guess that you are in Center City Manhattan
Large bedroom in the suite
Large bedroom in the suite gives you a choice of a king size bed or 2 twins
Renovated 1/2 bathroom in the suite with marble floors
Sofa Bed in Library/bedroom  with extra Mattress for your comfort
Library/bedroom in the suite with stairs leading to a large bedroom and half bathroom
Take a break and read a book from the collection in the library/bedroom
Chest with marble top in the library/bedroom
Entrance Hall with old world charm
Menus from some great restaurants are here. Pick up the phone & call. This is room service NYC style
A comfy place to sit and plan your day
Hospitality
Save room in your suitcase. Use our waffle weave bathrobes during your stay
Filming a TV episode of Nurse Jackie in front of the Townhouse
Filming in front of our townhouse
General Barlow lived in the townhouse in the 1880's. This painting is in the Metropolitan Museum.
Walk 14 blocks to Times Square
Dover Market is on our corner
Filming on our corner across the street from Dover Market
59 foot luxury yacht available for charter
Walk 5 blocks to Madison Square Park and the famous Shake Shack
The Best Farmer's Market in Manhattan at Union Square
Delecious Home Made  organic breads in Neighborhood Farmers Market            at the Farmer's Market
Walk 3 &; 1/2 Blocks to the Best Deli in NYC, The 2nd Avenue Deli
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Nomad6151...
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 11 November 2018 for a stay in October 2018
people found this review helpful

Marea’s apartment was perfect for our visit to New York , she welcomed us warmly with drinks and nibbles in the garden of the apartment and gave us all the information we needed for sight seeing and ways to get around Manhattan , not to mention her fantastic list of amazing restaurants.
The apartment had everything you need from comfortable beds to a fully equipped kitchen,
I would definitely recommend Marea’s apartment to friends and family and hopefully will go back ourselves in the future.
Thank you Marea for the use of your apartment and for being a wonderful hostess.
Kind regards , Sarah and family

Date of stay: October 2018
msafiri20...
Camarillo, California
“Felt right at home”
Reviewed 1 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

Marea was one of the best hosts we've ever had. Even though our flight was delayed, and we didn't get in until around 11 p.m., she welcomed us and gave us all of the information we needed to enjoy the home, the neighborhood and the sites. The location was perfect. Close to restaurants and stores. The home was relaxing and had everything we needed. We were a family of 4 with two teenagers. We used both the main apartment and the adjacent suite, which gave us lots of room to spread out after a full day of "togetherness." HIGHLY recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
dgmf
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Location Great but not so good as it looks.”
Reviewed 12 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

This location was great. Close to many attractions walking distance or to catch public transport however.... stay did not start off good. Was told to call Marea’s assistant when we arrived at airport because she was out of town. He would be there to great us. Called several time and no answer. Arrived at the apartment and someone else greeted us and told us she was the new assistant. It was the hottest day of the year in NYC and when we arrived the ac units were not turned on. Apartment was very warm. Came home later that night and there were ants all over the kitchen floor counters and wall. I called Marea’s son and he said Claudia would come tomorrow to clean and bring ant spray. He text later the next day and said Claudia could not get in the apartment because we locked the door. Most of the door handle were about to fall off and were very hard to lock. I asked if he had an extra key and he did not, so she left the ant spray in the hall. The ants continue the hole time we were there. Also every time you opened the front door to the apartment horse flys would get in because the trash cans were right outside the front entry way. There was a sewer smell in the bathroom the hole time. Bathroom door would not close because of uneven floor. We had to leave the exhaust fan running during our visit to get ride of the smell. There were cobwebs on the ceilings throughout the apartment. The sheets on the queen bed look very pretty but felt very hard and the lace was annoying to sleep with. I would not recommend this apartment for the price we paid. To many inconveniences! Only good thing was location.

Date of stay: July 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
21 Jul 2018
Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our center city garden apartment. We love our guests and work hard to provide a good stay for them and have them be happy. We also have an apartment in the building so besides taking good care of our guests it is in our best interest to keep it maintained to a high standard.

This is the first that I am hearing about your concerns and I am truly distressed that we fell down on the job during your stay.

I gave you my land line, my cell phone and email on the Guest Agreement and also in a welcome email and I asked you to call or email with any questions or concerns. A quick call, email or text to me and I would have had an exterminator out their within hours. Please not that there were no ants or bugs when you arrived or when the apartment was prepared for you so I don't know what happened between the time you arrived and when you came back at night. We certainly do not want bugs of any kind in the building no matter when they arrive.

I personally checked the apartment 2 days before you arrived and there were no cobwebs or ants.

We did have an unavoidable last minute change of helpers and I am so sorry that inconvenienced you. The most important thing is we were able to quickly get someone there to meet you, offer you a glass of New York wine, give you the keys and show you around. I have hired a new cleaner and asked her to double check for cobwebs.

Upon reading your review I immediately checked for unwanted odors in both bathrooms and whatever odor bothered you is no longer there. Both bathrooms have been remodeled and if anything is wrong, we have it fixed quickly. I am perplexed about the bathroom doors as they both close so I am not sure what was the problem. Could it have been the thick bath mat was moved in front of the door (s)? I would greatly appreciate you emailing me so that if there is anything to be corrected it can be done immediately. We absolutely do not want guests to be uncomfortable.

My apologies that you did not like the 1000 count sheets with lace edges on the queen size bed. We do get a lot of compliments about them and several guests have asked where they can buy them. I am so sorry that you found them annoying.

We do realize that different guests have various tastes and needs as to sheets, room temperatures, etc. The air conditioners do cool quickly and there are also ceiling fans and floor fans. We like to give guests options so they can choose what is best for them.

Again, please accept my apologies for your unhappiness.
superkev1...
Durham, United Kingdom
“Awesome !!!!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

First of all the location of this apartment is as good as it gets ! Central to all the key sites and attractions and all within 1000 metres and therefore walking distance to all of these but taxis are readily available if required. Our welcoming by owner Marea was VIP treatment and her welcoming pack was so informative it gave us all the detail required to assess the whole of Manhattan and surrounding areas including key information to fine restaurants and breakfast bars. Although it does say accommodation for up to 10 people realistically it is a 6 person apartment. Only a small issue but bathrooms are small and bath is really more of a shower area facility but not a problem in the grand scheme of things.
Garden to rear is amazing and fantastic to sit out with a drink ( weather permitting )
Main living room area is extremely comfortable and adjoining kitchen has all the facilities for cooking and dining if you prefer to eat in, including a dishwasher that will do all your washing up.
All in all a fantastic accommodation in our opinion very good value for money so suffice to say would highly recommend.
Marea the owner was so helpful with several issues we had including printing off key documents for our return journey back to England.
Thanks again Marea for a fantastic stay !!!!

Kind Regards Kevin & Jennifer

Date of stay: April 2018
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
12 Apr 2018
Thank you for your lovely review. We are so glad you liked the apartment and NYC. It was a pleasure to host you and you are always welcome back.
primitas2...
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Cousins trip”
Reviewed 11 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Wonderful host she knows the area well. Convenient to all forms of travel and shops . I couldn’t ask for a better place.

Date of stay: November 2017
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.