“A very good restaurant,”
Review of Marea

Marea
Reserve with OpenTable
Marea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: Marea is located near Columbus Circle, a hub for the A, B, C, D and 1 subways lines. One block east and one block south at 57th St. and 7th Ave guests may utilize either the N, Q, R, W subway lines.
Description: Marea Ristorante, located in one of Manhattans most storied addresses, features Chef Michael White's ode to Italian seafood. From his trademark handmade pastas to his fresh crudo and whole fish, Chef White is committed to reinventing the notion of seafood in New York.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

a good place
the meals is correct, the different choice allowed to select what we wish to taste,
the drink too,
a very good atmosphere;
it is pleasure to be there

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Marea

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Sad to write a negative review, but wholly disappointed with our meal.

Incredibly slow service, no drinks served until asked - water or wine, no breads served again even though waited an hour for starters.

How this restaurant has achieved two stars is unbelievable.

If it's a Michelin experience you seek then this is not your place.

So sad to see what was an excellent restaurant drop standards so.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Dumb luck. That is how we dined at Marea. Our flight arrived late and we thus missed our dinner reservation at another restaurant; we were staying at a midtown hotel and decided to walk around and see what interested us. We were wandering on Central Park South and noticed Marea. Clearly popular...every table full with a waiting line! The only reason we were able to dine there is that two people happened to leave the bar as we arrived. We were happy to dine at the bar and received delightful service for dinner(and wine) from the clearly knowledgeable bartender. Fabulous food, fabulous service. The cuisine was impressively creative...and delicious.....salad, pasta, halibut entree....with great paired wines. All very good. Not inexpensive, to be sure, but worth the splurge. But....unlike us....opt for a reservation. One can not always be so lucky.

1  Thank rgsmsn
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We went to Marea before a Broadway play. If I had only know how spectacular it was I would have not made plans for the show. Elegant without being stuffy. We let the chef choose for us and do the wine parings. It was just perfect. I can't wait to go back and take our time. This restaurant deserves a full evening.

1  Thank kathfootball
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

So my visit to Marea got off on the wrong foot. I arrived with my teenage son at 8:15 for out 8:30 dinner reservation. While I did not expect to be seated early, it was disappointing that we did not get seated until 8:50, especially as I watched other 8:30 reservations for two people arrive after us and get seated before us. It really felt as if I was relegated to the bottom of the list since I was there with my son. Once we were seated, the waiter was attentive and helpful with describing the dishes to help us order. We decided to order the 4 course dinner for $106 per person to get the full experience. We both ordered the lobster burrata which was the highlight of the meal for both of us. I also ordered the ravioli for the pasta dish and this was also wonderful. My son's lobster risotto had two small pieces of something hard, which turned him off from the dish. We assumed it was cartilage from the lobster, but we were not sure. The final dishes were the sea scallops and the halibut. The sea scallops were very good, but I thought the halibut was just ok. To me, the dish seemed to be missing something as it was prepared very simple and did not have a wow factor to it. Overall, while I enjoyed some parts of the experience, I do not think I would go back.