“Delicious burger ”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East Village
Cross street: Between Avenue A and B
Description: Black Iron Burger first opened its doors in the East Village of Manhattan in 2008, offering classic American Burgers and foods inspired by the Mediterranean for the foodie, health-conscious and passionate diners seeking high quality, guilt-free American burgers.
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We came fore late supper and it was a good decision! Burgers were excellent... and their sauce was delicious - the best I have ever eaten!! Great job!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We went there to find a good burger in New York : mission accomplished, the signature burger, the Black Iron Burger, was absolutely fantastic with its caramelised onions, just best perfect
The service too was excellent, very friendly, very helpful
Definitely worth a try

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

As they claim...Nobody beats their meat. Great burgers, juicy, cook to order. Their Black Iron Burger my favorite with the Mushroom and Ibérico Burguer. Always great service from all the BIB team.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Wow! One of the best burger joints I have visited. Really nice wheat beer from Beligium. And the chicken wings was amazing! We had 2 different burgers black Iron and little Italy - great. Just go there!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Let me start this by saying that I make a damned tasty burger. But sometimes you don't want to cook so you go out. I have been to a few places in NYC that claim to have "the best burger in town" and have left sorely disappointed.

I went to a well known burger place that shall remain nameless with a very gimmicky set up where you have to know where you are going to get there. The burger was just ok, the fries were decent and I spent nearly $20 to get...meh. I told my friends, who I was staying with while in the city, about my bland experience and they insisted that we go to Black Iron Burger. We had just finished going to the Statue of Liberty, so this location was closest and off we went.

It's small, but I like that. It was warm, which I liked even more (it being January when we went). They had a decent selection of craft beer (I got a milk stout, which was great) and a fairly stocked menu. We ordered some of the aioli fries for the table, I got the Classic burger with a potato pancake on it, and my two friends got the mushroom truffle burger and the turkey burger.

First off, the fries. They fry them in liquid crack, I am pretty sure, because the three of us started wrestling each other to get to these fries. Green aioli, scallions and bits of bacon on top of crispy (but not burnt) shoe string fries. Unbelievable. We finally agreed that we would just get another order of them at the end to stop any further fights.

My burger was cooked just how requested - medium rare with a line of pink just blushing to red in the middle. The seasoning was subtle, but noticeable and was incredibly well balanced. I could have eaten the burger with just ketchup and been perfectly happy. The potato pancake was crunchy and tasted almost like hash browns, which was what I was angling for. I also had them put a slice of cheddar on that bad boy and all of that together was over the top good.

I also tried my friends' burgers. The truffle burger was served on a potato roll and I felt my eyes roll into the back of my head when I tried it. I will definitely get that the next time I get back to visit them. The turkey burger had great consistency, which can sometimes be difficult to find with ground turkey, was also well seasoned and was cooked perfectly; done all the way through but still tender and very juicy.

All in all, I find myself in the difficult spot I normally end up when I go some place exceptional. I want to keep it to myself so I always hesitate to leave a good review! But I promised our waiter that I would let people know just how freaking amazing the food is here, I am a woman of my word. If you find yourself in or near the neighborhood (or close to a train or bus stop that is close by), try it out. You won't leave disappointed!

Date of visit: January 2018