“Best in New York? Forget about it, it's the best in the world!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radio City Apartments

and 1 more site!
Radio City Apartments
Canberra, Australia
“Best in New York? Forget about it, it's the best in the world!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

It is always mentioned (and rightly so) the location is fantastic. For the price you just cannot beat it. However, this is a review of the actual hotel and not New York. This was our 5th time staying at the apartments and it just gets better and better. I wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else. If I woke up tomorrow morning and found an extra million dollars in my bank account, I would still choose Radio City Apartments over the Waldorf or any other 5 star hotel. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. We had to downsize this time as I was a little late in booking. However, the studio apartment was fantastic. A lot bigger than I thought it would be. All the amenities you need for self catering as well as eating out. If you don’t feel like cooking, just buy your food and heat it up later in the microwave. I had two issues … one a blocked toilet and the TV went out. Both times the guy was up inside 2 minutes and the problems fixed. Try getting that service in a big, fancy hotel. The front desk guys are always smiling and greet you accordingly each time you leave and enter the building and will help you out with any request you may have. As are the housekeepers who do a fantastic job and will answer your special requests. We've stayed in the studios and one bedroom apts. Both are roomy, clean and comfortable. I’ve read some of the negative reviews on this site and what a load of baloney. It’s just not true. I reckon someone had an axe to grind for some small, silly reason and wrote it with prejudice. I’ve travelled and stayed in hotels the world over and nothing comes close to Radio City Apartments. And when booking New York … I don’t have to compare hotels and prices as I know exactly where I am staying. The best hotel in New York? Forget about it … it’s the best hotel in the world!! If you want any further information by all means contact me at … charliemclaughlin1@gmail.com and New York doesn’t need to be expensive. There is lots of things you can do for free. I’ll be happy to pass that onto you as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie3527
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed with my husband & daughter last may for the second time in 2 years. We had an excellent time as usual. Comfortable rooms, with great services (kitchen if you want to cook, we didn't but there's also coffee machine with coffee, tea etc., fridge, microwave oven). The guys in the front desk are always nice and helpful, and the best of all is the locations, just steps from Rockefeller Center & Times Square.
Next time I'm in NYC of course I will stay in Radio City Apts, again... would hesitate one second to recommend t!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gaby1967
Locust Fork Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I know my review is just like all the other reviews. The Radio city apartments are in a perfect location.Go out the door to the left 1/2 of a block and your your looking at times square. Go to the right 2 or 3 blocks and your at the today show and Rockefeller center. One block or so over and your at the fox news studio. Most Broadway theaters are just a few blocks away. Central park as well as many other must see places are an easy walk away. The apartments are clean and comfortable, nothing fancy. The price can't be beat in Manhattan. I've been able to take my family on a lot of very nice vacations only because I am the ultimate penny pinching traveler. I will study a trip for months trying to save every dime. Believe me The price for Radio City Apartments can't be beat in Manhattan for a nice place to stay. I'll give you a few New York City tips. The Country grill on the corner of 9th avenue and 53rd street is excellent and the prices are very good. Get your Broadway show tickets at a ticket booth right behind the grandstand at times square. The booth is open 10 AM to 2 PM for matinees and from 3PM until 6 PM for the evening. You need to get in line about 2:00. The Jersey Boys is awesome. Their is some language in it so I'd not be comfortable with kids. The language bothered me. Their was no reason for it. The play is about Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons, the music is awesome. Take the free Staten island ferry. Stand outside at the back of the boat. The view is spectacular. Don't let anyone in Manhattan help you unless you ask them for help, directions,holding the door, giving you something for free etc. etc. If they offer to help you it's a scam. If you hold up a map on the street to look at it someone will always ask to help you and then ask for money for the homeless or something. If you are wearing something that identifies where you are from or you have an accent don't be fooled by people on the streets who know about where you are from or have a relative from your area. They are trying to win you over to get money from you. Don't ever give people on the streets money no matter how sorry for them you feel. It's ALWAYS a scam. I don't want to make Manhattan sound like an unsafe place because it is very safe. My family and I always felt safe. It's just that their is a ton of scam artist in Manhattan that want to take your hard earned money. I would highly recommend the radio city apartments as the place to stay in Manhattan

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bowhunterups
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed for 6 nights last week in NYC, at Radio City Apartments. We had a wonderful stay. Though the hotel is a little bit old and the decor a bit tired, you really can't get better value in midtown (or probably, the majority of Manhattan). Our room was a twin one, and was very roomy for NYC, with two single beds, big wardrobe, dresser, kitchenette, bathroom and table/chairs. It was very, very quiet - we were located around the back of the hotel, and couldn't believe how quiet it was. Maid service arrived late in the day but always included huge amounts of towels, and the shower was so warm and nice - a great surprise! The staff at the hotel were very helpful, and organised a cab back to the airport for us - it cost us $60 and we were very happy when a stretch limo showed up to take us! The hotel is located 1 minute from Times Square, and 5 minutes from the Rockefeller centre. It is near 49th Street Station for the Subway (uptown only) and the 47th - 50th Street Station at Rockefeller Plaza. At the end of the road, on the opposite side, is an entrance to the Rockefeller plaza and subway, the plaza has great shops and lots of food options. We were worried about going out at night but the area was safe, and it was incredibly close to cinemas and attractions. If you are an avid walker, this spot is in an ideal location. We caught the subway UP to 83rd Street (Museum of Natural History) and down to 23rd Street (Flatiron building) and comfortably walked back to the hotel over a few hours. Honestly, I can't recommend this place enough for its excellent location.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the back of the hotel. There is no view, but its lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Happywhalia
Gorham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

The radio city apartments is a great place to stay for many reasons. The location is perfect. It is close to everything. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit. The price was excellent. I checked many hotels, and this was very reasonable. We had so much room to be comfortable. It was very clean. Every room had a flat screen t.v.The air conditioners worked great. It was so nice having a kitchen/livingroom separate from the bedroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Always said hello when we walked by the desk. We will continue to use radio city apartments and tell anyone that needs a place to stay to do the same!

Room Tip: When you make the reservation, you can always ask the number/size of the beds. This helps with plann...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple