Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$ 98.75
from US$ 135.35
from US$ 97.99
More Info
All reviews true story standing ovation stranded passengers broadway show actors play new foundland ensemble cast foot stomping multiple parts powerful story small cast laugh out loud human spirit roller coaster outstanding performance rush tickets opening number
Reviewed today

Really liked this show. 90 minutes with no intermission. Great story and loved the music especially at the end of the show when the band plays a few songs.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

If you have not seen this show, I highly recommend it. My wife and I went for a matinee on a Saturday. The show was sold out, but we were able to get Rush tickets. I recommend you get in line at least an hour before the box office opens. We had standing room only tickets which were awesome if you can handle standing for 100 minutes (no intermission). The view was amazing and the show is so good you will forget you are standing. The picture of the ledge is where you stand and lean for the performance.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We did the rush tickets and had standing room at the back we could lean on a table . It goes 100 minutes no intermission and was doable to stand. The show was inspiring heartfelt and a must see. The cast was exceptional. my favourite cast member was the pilot. The songs moved me and id find myself weeks after still singing them. I love that this story focused on the good from 9/11 and the generosity and compassion of Newfoundlanders. Thank you for this show.

Reviewed 4 days ago

An energetic, unique musical. Superb singing and music. Compelling scenes and creative movement. Both humorous and insightful, offering a unique perspective in an excellent venue. No intermission but time flies! Highly recommend this play.

1  Thank XJ750
Reviewed 1 week ago

I had reservations about a musical revolving around one of the most terrible days in history. This is a true story about a tiny town in Newfoundland that, on Sept 11 2001 opened their arms to over 7000 passengers of planes diverted to their airport when their planes were grounded from entering the US. What a surprise. It was an uplifting portrayal of all that is good in this world. Highly recommend. Music was great too...

Reviewed 1 week ago

Go see this play! 2 friends recommended the play to us and we loved it! The actors are very talented and the music is amazing. I would see this play again if given the opportunity.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went to see this show knowing what it was about but not really knowing what to expect. From the opening it hooked you in and it was then an hour and forty minutes of an emotional rollercoaster. Despite the subject matter, there are laughs in the show, plenty of tears as well. The cast were fantastic and the musicians amazing. Knowing that it is based on real events and real people makes it even more powerful. I would recommend everyone to see this show.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to say this is now my favorite musical! I knew very little of the story that is portrayed in this musical and boy what a story it is! I laughed, I cried, I was sad when it was over. All the actors delivered a strong performance. This is one play I want to see again, I hope it will come to my hometown sometime soon. We also went to the 911 Museum on this trip as well. I would suggest going to the museum first and then the play if possible. Just make sure you get to this play as soon as you can, outstanding!

Reviewed 1 week ago

On our recent trip to NYC, we only had the time to see one show. A lot of debate ensued among our group as to which show would be worthy and based on reviews and the plot, we chose to see Come From Away on a Saturday evening at the Gerald Shoenfeld Theater. Please note that I am writing this review with no spoilers.

Entry into the theater was easy and orderly and once inside, ushers assist you with finding your seat. The theater is of modest size. Not small but not too big either. The set is simple but more than adequate for a story-telling performance such as this. Additionally, the stage was simple and set up in a way to where all of the action was concentrated center stage. Scene changes were done by change of lighting and rearranging of the chairs and small tables on set. The "orchestra" was small and is composed of a 5-person band (bass, drums, guitar, violin, piano, accordion) that was positioned stage left and stage right. Ultimately, given how the stage was arranged, it did not seem as though there would be any viewing disadvantages for any seat in the theater. Also, the seats were provided with enough leg room. Unlike some theaters where your knees are touching the back of the seat in front of you, these seats left a little bit of margin...not enough to stretch but enough for me (5'6", 190lb male).

Each cast member plays at least two different characters and almost all of the simple wardrobe changes were done on stage and done in a way seamless and well-orchestrated way. The majority of the play was told through song which makes understanding the words of the songs extremely important. Unlike some performances, the voices and music in this play was very well balanced and all of the words were clearly enunciated.

The plot and performance itself was wonderful. This play is about a true story of compassion among strangers and how stress can affect different people in different ways. Although a little bit of artistic license was used in the story, the vast majority was true to life which made connecting and empathizing with the characters and story line a bit easier. Despite the foundation of the plot being a somber event, the play was very upbeat and humor was frequent and tasteful. The pace of the play was also well-balanced. Somber at times while also energetic during others. There is no intermission for this play so plan well and go to the restroom (lower floor of theater) prior to start of the show. The show's continuous 100 minutes flew by. At the end of the show, we all felt that much less time had passed.

At the end of the play, I was on my feet and clapping feverishly.

1  Thank flam925
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I knew the show got good reviews but was not expecting to love it so much. Feel good show of the year, what we need right now.

1  Thank Sullins_John