“get the thai basil fried rice”

Very Thai Restaurant
Ranked #7,820 of 14,912 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: East Village
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 26 October 2017

A friend and I came in with a reservation on a Friday night at 7 pm. Turns out, we didn't even need it because the place was empty. I decided to branch out from my usual Pad Thai/Pad See Ew/Pad Kee Mao this time and went with the Basil Fried Rice (Jasmine rice sauteed with egg, bell pepper, onion, string bean, basil with spicy chili paste sauce.) I'm glad I did because the dish was amazing. There were so many different flavors going on but they all worked well together. Plus, the portion was huge. I feel like I ate a lot of it but still had some leftovers to take home. My only gripe was that the beef was a little chewy so I think next time, I would probably order it with shrimp or tofu instead.

For drinks, a (sake) cocktail here will run you about $10. I had the grapefruit mojito, which was pretty good (I asked for it less sweet) but could have use a bit more sake in it. Wasn't really worth the $10 IMO, especially since most of it was ice. I bet if they added some happy hour specials, they would probably have more business, especially since there are so many other Thai restaurants (with HH) in the area. Either way, I'd deffo come back for some more of that fried rice.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This brand new Thai restaurant was recommended to me by a Thai friend who cares about food. She was right, the flavors were great, service friendly and efficient and prices extremely reasonable. We had the Mussaman Curry, Drunken Noodles, Crispy Papaya Salad and Kao Soy. All of the dishes were perfect, just the right amount of spice, generous portions and some of the best Kao Soy I have ever had. I have sampled a lot of Kao Soy in Chiang Mai, Thailand and this one compared well with the best! This little place is cheerful, clean and a perfect place for a casual, delicious Thai meal.