“Thought I reserved 2 beds in 1 room... now I'm not so sure.”

Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street
Ranked #341 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My friend and I plan to stay in this hotel in April. I booked a room through Hotels.com. The listing claimed a Standard Room with "2 Beds only" however, I received my reservation confirmation and it claims:

Preferences*: Non-Smoking, 2 Beds
Room details: This nonsmoking guestroom has 1 full-sized bed with triple sheeting.

I guess it will be luck of the draw if I get a room with 2 beds. I suppose this is more of a complaint about Hotels.com posting misleading room descriptions. But I hope the Holiday Inn can be accommodating and provide me a room with two beds so my friend and I don't have to alternate sleeping on the floor.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at my hotel. I am so sorry to hear that we were unable to accomodate with a room with two beds as requested; I apologize for the mishap. Please feel free to contact us directly should you plan to stay in Downtown Manhattan in the near future. - Thank you.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel is clean and nice, however at first glance you can easily miss it. It almost has a "hole in the wall" feel to it. The lobby is quite small and when it gets busy, its really difficult to manouver in it. There there is no comp breakfast, the hotel has a restaurant that offers it (we did not eat there however).
There is comp wi-fi and a coffee maker in the room, but the room is the smallest I HolidayInn room I have ever stayed at. As you open the front door, you are met with the bed and the dresser. The bathroom is quite tiny as well.
It is within walking distance of Ground Zero, Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty, Southstreet Seaport, and Financial District.
Not a bad stay overall

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel N
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Wall Street in the near future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

This tiny sliver of a hotel is wedged into a block across the street from the Federal Reserve. It has the tiniest lobby I've ever seen, very tight corridor to the elevator. Room was typically New-York-small--fine for one person. Reasonably quiet and clean. Wireless internet was S-L-O-W, but super-fast with an ethernet cable. I had a handicapped room, which wasn't a problem except it meant the small desk was at the side, which was a very tight fit next to the bed. Many subway lines form a nexus a few blocks north at Fulton St., so it's easy to get where you're going (although easy to get your directions screwed up downtown because it's not a true grid and you're in the "concrete canyons" without the sun to guide you). The neighborhood is perhaps not quite so full of dining options as elsewhere, but there was a reasonable Indian place next door where I had a quick lunch, and some fast food around that's open late and on Sundays (a Chipotle up off of Fulton). Staff was friendly and helpful.

Except . . . when I left I specifically asked if they could call a cab for me. They said yes. I waited 15-20 minutes, then inquired, they called again and checked and said it was on its way. When it finally got there, it was a limo service, not a cab. Not only that, the driver would not give me a price to LaGuardia. I went back inside, fuming. When I demanded to know what happened, I was told, "Oh, we can't call taxis by phone." So why didn't they tell me that, since I specifically said I wanted a cab? Not only that, they never said "It'll be $50 to LaGuardia" (I found this out in the course of the conversation). So I bid farewell to the limo driver, dragged my luggage over to a main street, and hailed a cab (which was under $35 with tip). I felt deceived, frankly, and couldn't help but wonder if they were overly eager to get some kind of commission from the limo service. So it kind of spoiled my impression of the place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was disappointed to read that you were displeased with our service upon departing from my hotel. Kindly accept my most sincere apologies for the mishap. I assure you that the indifferent attitude of staff has been addressed. Again, please accept my apologies.

We strive hard to provide the best guest experience possible, and assure you of our best services in future. Please call me at 212-227-3007, extension 7004 next time you reserve the room so my team and I can assure you a memorable stay. My email address is nick.chang@hershahotels.com.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Wall Street for your future visit to New York City.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Though I stayed here on a visit to the City, this is most likely a business hotel. Still I couldn't have been happier with everything. Though the room was tiny, everything was new and clean, the staff was cheerful and helpful and the location could simply not have been better. It was interesting to be in the financial district, but with the subway entrance just a half block or so away, everything was easily accessible. There was nothing I would have changed. A great base for a wonderful three day stay in New York City.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Clara W
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to learn that your had a wonderful stay here at my hotel. Thanks again fro your kind words and hope to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed here on a business trip in late January 2012. The hotel is really a good value at around $110/night and the location is perfect if you're doing business near Wall Street. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The shower was excellent with a waterfall shower head and lots of hot water. Internet worked great and is included with the room. The downside: The rooms are EXTREMELY small. I didn't eat at the restaurant, but bought a glass of wine at the bar. It is very small and certainly nothing fancy. $8 for a glass of cheap wine. All, in all, I would recommend this place for the value. It was clean, had a very comfortable bed and I felt safe. One night, there were some very loud people talking in the hallway after midnight. I called the front desk and the staff took care of it right away. I needed to print a document and they gave me an email address. The front desk printed my document, had it waiting for me with no charge! Who does that?

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Purduewriter91
Nick C, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Guest,
I thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel. Thanks again for your patronage; my staff and I are looking forward to serve you in the near future.