“Great place, location, and staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Chelsea Pines Inn
Ranked #26 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Longmont, Colorado, United States
“Great place, location, and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I took a quick trip to NYC and selected to stay at the Chelsea Pines Inn based on the great reviews we read on TripAdvisor. The reviews were correct this inn is fantastic, I would highly recommend it. It was so easy to get all around the city from the Chelsea Pines. I love that it was right next to Highline Park and the subway. As everyone else has said the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were reasonably priced and quite nice. If you are looking for a place to stay in NYC look no further.

Room Tip: while not an issue for us, the stairs are steep so if you are not nimble request a room on a lower f...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I brought my daughter to NYC last month to celebrate her birthday and graduation from college. I chose Chelsea Pines after seeing it had more positive reviews than any of the other hotels (even the expensive ones). I am so glad I did. It was perfect for my daughter and me. The subway was almost right outside the door and there was an awesome deli across the street. Breakfast was just perfect every morning with fresh baked goods, fruits, juices, and anything else you might want. The staff was beyond excellent. One of the nights we came back there were some beautiful pink (my daughter's fav color) peonies sitting at the bedside from Jay and the staff, congratulating her for her graduation and telling her happy birthday. It was one of the things she remembers most about the trip (and we got vip tickets to the Live with Kelly show, saw 2 Broadway shows, and had several celebrity sightings ;)). The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Troy was definitely our go to guy. Whenever we were lost, needed to find a good place to eat, or wanted to tell someone about the celebrity we had just seen, he was always there for us (Liv sends you some love Troy as do I :)). Any questions, problems, or concerns (ex how do we catch a taxi, what shows are best to see, etc) they took care of quickly and with a smile. We were on the 5th floor, which is a pretty good hike, but the guys carried anything heavy up to our rooms and came up to us if we needed something. Jay made sure we knew that if we needed a lower floor when we came back, we just needed to ask. One of the things I'll remember most is spending time with Liv when she asked me about the people/movies in the posters in our room and on each floor. It was a bonding time telling her about Audrey Hepburn, googling Mitzi Gaynor and Cary Grant, and seeing her excited when she recognized vintage things. This truly was an experience that we'll both remember forever and thanks to Jay, Troy, and the rest of the staff at Chelsea Pines for being such a special part of our trip.Lots of love to our new friends at Chelsea Pines.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rita B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The is an excellent place. I stayed for only one night as a result of a glitch in my itinerary. The place is clean, in excellent condition with friendly helpful staff. The room was quiet, well designed with good fittings. A good breakfast is provided and an there is excellent charming courtyard garden at the rear of the property.

I was particularly impressed that in spite of my short stay (before I moved on to different accommodation nearby) the staff were as helpful as if I had been staying a week. This place has a very good atmosphere and I recommend it highly.

The website and photos do not do this place justice. Its much, much nicer than I expected.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the larger rooms overlooking the street on tehse cond floor (the Paul Newman room...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Helioscube
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We couldn't have found a better place for our 5 night stay. Close to lots of great stuff (read other posts). Easy subway access (ditto). Room very clean, comfortable and character filled (definitely bigger than I expected). Loved the kitchen/breakfasts - such an easy and yummy start to the day. And absolutely loved the garden. But, the best thing? The staff. Mainly Rumel and Jubel during our stay and they made it so good. But we also met others (Jay, Troy) and all met the high standard set by our 2 faves. Seriously good. Liz (Australia)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Liz C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I know where I will stay if I come back to NYC - loved this place - rooms good, breakfast good and staff very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for making me feel welcome staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family