Lowest prices for your stay
$332
Hyatt.com$362
Hotels.com$332
FindHotel$386
2,551 results
All reviews the financial district felice restaurant fulton street subway wall street lower manhattan new york boutique hotel battery park world trade center king suite great boutique front desk staff bathroom door statue of liberty mini bar nyc hotels location was perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2022

I stayed at Gild Hall in mid-December 2021 for a couple days. The day I checked in I had to attend a virtual conference, so I needed some space even though I couldn't check in until later that day. I told Rob Pechnilbutr at the front desk my predicament. He said he'd try to reserve me some quiet space for it. When I came in that day, he said he had reserved me the conference room. I was able to attend my virtual conference and I hadn't even checked in. He went way over the top, which is a rarity nowadays. The staff is the best at this hotel, making this one of the best value hotels in New York. Thanks Rob!

Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

This was absolutely the worst experience I have had. I had booked 3 nights to celebrate my Honeymoon and New Years. I paid more than 400$ a night expecting class and luxury as it is under the Hayatt Umbrella. Sadly it was not the case. I was given a room with disgusting mouldy wet carpet. I immediately spoke to the front desk after checkin and they said they were full house and would change the room the next day. But they didn’t happen. On the second night they messed up and did not change the room. I still was given the same room and had to spend my night in that dreadful room. On the last night the room was changed.
They have completely spoiled my honeymoon. This is not expected from a 4 star hotel especially under the Hayatt umbrella.
They refunded my one nights stay for the inconvenience which is ridiculous and insulting. I cannot believe how people operate like this and are proud to run a hospitality business. I will be directly writing to Hayatt.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inspire687054
Robert Pechnilbutr, Guest Services / Front Office at Gild Hall A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2022

Dear Inspire,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. All of us at Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, we pride ourselves in having our esteemed guests as number one priority.
Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering the level of service you deserve. Rest assured that we will discuss with our team and work tirelessly together to avoid these types of situations in the future.
I am sorry to hear that you did not have the most comfortable stay and I would like to learn more how we can improve our service and ensure we live up to your expectations.
We would love to have you back at Gild Hall and I would like to personally make myself available to you and ensure you will have experiences worth relieving.

Reviewed 4 January 2022

We always love staying here between Christmas and New Year's. The location is great and the accommodations are fantastic. The restaurant Felice in the hotel is excellent! I strongly recommend this hotel when visiting NYC.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 3 January 2022

The hotel is unexceptional, even for Manhattan. Simple things that would be a given anywhere else are just missing. And I don't mean extravagances (like parking) but items that would be nearly free to offer: - No coffee in the lobby or tea bags in the room.
- There is no HBO on the TV.
The windows in the "deluxe king" room may as well not exist because of how close the neighboring building is and how little sunlight reaches down into the cavernous financial district.
- I could hear the elevator motor whir up and down all night.
- The bathroom is inside the room and has a glass door and weird curtain for privacy.

People go to a hotel for an escape from their regular homes. When Gild Hall is your option, you're better off staying home.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank ag_user_378429

Dear ag,

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback relating to your stay with us. We are sincerely concerned and apologize that we fell short on your expectations in some area. Your helpful comments are much appreciated and your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of facilities and services.
If you are planning to visit NYC again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We will make sure to “wow” for your next stay at Gild Hall.

Reviewed 3 January 2022 via mobile

Can we just start with the service! Rob was absolutely amazing. He was friendly, informative and truly went the extra mile to give us the “inside scoop” as to what attractions, subway stations, restaurants were worth the visit.

Location: Was perfect! We were about 2-3 blocks from the Seaport which was near restaurants such as the Watermark, shopping, etc..
World One was another 4-5 blocks away and truly felt as if we were in a safe area.
Pace University surrounded us and we truly didn’t feel as if we were caught up in a tourist trap.
Subway: Fulton Station was about 4 blocks away and if you got caught in the rain, Gold Hall has umbrellas available.

Rooms: Were extremely clean, trendy, high ceilings and were perfect for a couple.

Felice restaurant was connected to the hotel which was great in itself.

Thanks for an amazing time and it looks like we found our new “home away from home” each time we travel to NYC.

Hyatt members, you will not be disappointed!

Room tip: From LaGuardia, average Uber was $47
Trip type: Travelled as a couple