This hotel may have a bit of history and yes it is a great location but it is not a four star hotel.
The standard rooms are the smallest i have ever seen in any country. The bathrooms are very dated, baths are enamel and chipped and stained. The beds are ok but there is no room for any more than one suitcase and you have to use the very limted floor space. The rooms can not accomadate 2 persons in the same space at one time and there is no fridge, coffee maker or radio.
Sure the hotel is old but to to rate this hotel 4 stars is being dishonest as most travellers expect certain ammneties by star ratings. I didn't choose this hotel as i stayed here by a choosing the secret Expedia deal which i will never do again as it seems ti me that this is one way to get rid of dud hotels to unexpecting travellers.
There are far better hotels for the same price in the same area so buyer beware.
Don't be fooled by romantic notions of staying in a historical hotel this is not much better than a bed sit boarding house. Forgeddaboudit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York